SuperMoto Junkie banner

Any Actual Gas Gas SM owners?

6K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  tallboy350 
#1 ·
I am looking for info the front brake caliper and mount. I want pics of your speedo cable setup etc. I cant seem to see where the cable threads into. I bought the bike used and had none of the street stuff on it.

Thanks!

#2 ·
What model / size would you like info on?
I assume you would like info on a "Factory" GasGas SM?!
Few and far between here in the U.S. I have only seen one,
an FSE450SM at the Laguna Seca MotoGP races a couple
years ago.
I have a friend with an '05 FSE450 he converted with stock
GasGas SM wheels, gearing etc.. I could get a picture of
his in a couple weeks or so.
My GG/SM is a '98 EC250 with 21" front and 19" rear wheels.
I use a TrailTech speedo with the sensor mounted to the front
forks on a home made bracket. The magnet is a 6mm hex head
screw that replaces one of the rotor bolts.
I can snap a photo of that if you think it would help..... BTW. My
forks are the Marzocchi 50mm Magnums.
I found a picture of my front speedo bracket, brake setup and
attached it to this post.
Hope it helps.
Jeff, S. Cal.

#3 ·
I have a 03 450 SM/O that I got used with all the street gear removed and I want to make it streetable. I bought a Vapor with the Generic USD forks setup but the magnet bolt wont work and cant get the magnet to work because of the clearences. I was told other Gassers were using the KTM one because it threads right into the stock hole. Well my bike parts diagram shows the cable etc but my caliper bracket has no hole unless its somewhere else. I just wanna Keep It Simple! I have the Ohlins USD front forks but it looks like the same as the Marzoochi USD ones at the bottom that I can see.

#7 ·
I'm still riding sportsman setup. The bike is @ home in Orlando. And There is a really nice area of woods with trails in it about 2 minutes from my hose. It's slowly being built up and it probably wont be there much more. But while it's there I need to keep the bike able to ride them. I've been riding those trails since I first started riding so its a lot of fun. I don't think we're supposed to be riding them, and occasionally I'll see a police explorer on one of the really wide clay cross roads. But again I've been riding the trails since I was less then 10. There are about 10 entrances and exits to the trails so I'm sure as hell not going to stop. Plus there is a lot of lose white dirt narrow trails and that explorer couldn't keep up. So far they have never even tried chasing me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.