SuperMoto Junkie banner

Digital Speedo Question

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  asg21 
#1 ·
04 450SMR...has the nifty digital speedo.

Any way to switch it to MPH? :headscrat

#2 ·
mph

The owner's manual describes how to do it. If you can'f figure it out, let me know and I can walk you through the steps. You'll need to do two things; select mph instead of kph, and change the wheel diameter setting. Once you've pulled the speedo from its mount, it'll take you about one minute to do.

#3 ·
Ok. Got the MPH setup...now my Husky goes a miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiillion miles an hour, even in school zones. I set the "WS" (or was it "WC"?) to what the manual said, but it's clearly not right.

What setting did you all use? I'm clearly missing something.

Thanks all!

#5 ·
mayadakar said:
I have tried measured the rolling circumference of my front wheel to set the the WS, but it still shows 90 mph when I'm doing about 40mph? Anyone have any ideas what's wrong?

sounds like sensor pick up miss ajusted :headscrat if wheel size is correct
good luck

#6 ·
speedos

I had found mine worked till around 65mph and then bailed to some random #.....i am afraid they may only be set up for speeds to 65..I have experienced the same on bicycle/race bike setups......one today infact!!!!

#7 ·
Mph Settings

My speedo works fine and seems to be accurate. Changing the display from kph to mph doesn't automatically change the speed/mileage settings - you have to do that with the WS value. 1 km = .62 mile, so the recommended wheel circumference value for the SMR needs to be reduced by the same factor. 1889 (recommended value in the manual) x .62 = 1171.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.