Ok, now that I am out of the hospital I am going to do my comparion of the two bikes that I own/owned.
The Yamaha is mine since I have owned since new and the Suzuki I will be using is the first one I had, which I owned from new as well. My neighbor currently owns it so I know the interim history.
Here is my simple plan do just give folks some ideas and answer some questions. I am not trying to start a flame war, so please I would like to avoid that. I just happen to have owned both and ridden both on a track(soon).
I am not a pro rider by any means, but an intermediate.
Here is my plan for the comparison, which will be limited in scope, cash and instrumented results, i.e I am not dynoing the bikes. But I will stopwatch a few simple tests.
1. Photo the bikes from all sides, next to each other.
2. List of mods done to each bike.
3. Weight from two different types of scales on each bike.
4. Gas mileage
5. 0-60 time
6. My impession on a street ride.
7. My track day impression at Adams, dirt section included. Probably timed and me as the control rider.
8. A list of what I feel in my opinion only, what are the pro's and con's of each machine relative only to the other.
9. Cost of ownership and modifications.
This will be a big project for me while I am working on getting my health better. If you can think of something SIMPLE and valuable to this comparison, please let me know. Thank you.
My plan is to have nice complete results posted here within 2.5 weeks. With a little searching on here, you can see what I have done already, but the plan is now to do something a little more direct and hands on.
Besides, you will probably get something really good outta SMR anyways.