SuperMoto Junkie banner

Absolute best supermoto video sticky this (Track in Bulgaria)

54K views 88 replies 73 participants last post by  wilddave 
#1 ·
Is anyone gonna put a sticky on this video...it has to be the alltime uncontested best supermoto video ever.

Why then am i constantly searching for it in this post. (added a link for myself now but.)

It should be set as MANDATORY viewing to anyone even thinking about riding or racing a supermoto.

that bulgaria track in the second half is everything ive ever dreamed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7Y0bvtYReM

SDMOTARD

#36 ·
Tm guy resorts to dirty racing to beat real competition? I call BS! WTF is that! And you can def tell this is not in the U.S... maybe its the lack of parking lot... I dont know. That track is... is... Well shit, its a real track! Now I just have to convince my lady to honey moon in Bulgaria... with the tard.:hmmm::bowdown:

#55 ·
i don't know what move everyone is calling dirty, and its been a few days since i watched the video, but i don't recall any dirty moves at all? the mid-air collision was not on purpose. That would be dangerous for both riders and not something that would definitely gain you any ground.

I'm wondering if any of the people calling it a dirty move have ever RACED a supermoto race for real?

A dirty move is crashing out, and spinning your back tire up against your opponents helmet on purpose as you pick your bike up and take off again (watched this happen). Making a better line and cutting off your opponent, making a block pass, rubbing tires or changing lines mid-corner so your opponent can't pass you is part of racing. If hes clearly faster, let him by, but if hes about your same speed, then the race is on and you do almost everything you can shy of crashing him out to maintain position and fight for the lead.

Thats why its called RACING, not Track-day-ing, or "riding to the store".... lol.

#57 ·
I agree that it wasn't a dirty move, just racing. I also think that VDB got a raw deal by being disqualified for his "dirty" inside pass move against Gozzini with a small crash in the dirt where both riders go down and both get back up and start racing again. That's not dirty, even though he did come out ahead of Gozzini.

Speaking of raw deals, anybody know why Mediazone is suspending their FIM Supermoto service? I'm pretty bummed. :rolleyes2: Oh well, it was great while it lasted. For those who are wondering, a supscription to Mediazone allowed me to watch that entire race at Pleven Bulgaria as well as a full 3 years of archived Supermoto races. Man, am I bummed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.