SuperMoto Junkie banner

450 Oil Fill

3K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  ZXSIXR 
#1 ·
My 03 manual says 1800cc but today riding after doing a complete change including filter I got it spitting out the breather hose.

Its a 450 4 stroke.

#2 ·
Yeah i never know how much to put in either. it's kinda a pain, i just saw your other post as well. I put just a bit more then i think is fine. I dont mind if it spitts a bit out the breather hose i'd rather wipe up the mess then not have enough oil.

I do have a question though. Last time i was home i road my bike. And after about 10minutes it started sputtering like it wanted to die and it'd only go about 20mph even if the throttle was wide open, and it wouldn't rev past a certain point either. it didn't die but it got really gittery. Any suggestions or ideas?

#3 ·
Well my breather tube "broke" on the valve cover so it came loose and spewed oil from around that! Dunno if it was from oil overfill or not. I JB welded the SOB on the top and the bottom!

Sounds like spark or fuel problem, check your plug and connections.

BTW your plug wire is a wire from the coil to the plug right with a boot and a press on connector on the coil side? I broke the boot and the wire on the plug side and am waiting 4 weeks or more on one to get imported! No place had one in the US. I got ir rigged after I tore it apart and used some solder and silicone and a whole lotta ghetto rigging. But even mine runs like that!

#5 ·
It has some kind of resistor in it that the plug wire goes into and the resistor is what touches the plug. I tore the boot and broke the plug wire form its connector. So I took it apart and soldered the wire to the connector and put it all back in the boot and the tear on the boot I used silicone to glue it all together. It runs but dunno how long!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.