SuperMoto Junkie banner

Husqvarna SM610 Update III (or so)

21K views 205 replies 39 participants last post by  phlat65 
#1 ·
Ok, so my dealer actually called me today about the bike! (That's a first, and actually I've given up calling him to get details)

So he says the bikes will be here in 2 weeks (end of July) and that there will be black/grey and blue/yellow bikes in this shipment. I mentioned I'd heard the blue/yellow bikes were coming first and then the black/grey bikes would come later ... he said he had heard the same thing but the word from Husky now is that both colors are coming at the same time.

I've got my name on a black/grey one!

(and really if it is here before 8/15 I'll be surprised)

Hang in there future SM610 owners ... one day we will see o u r b i k e s .... really ....

David

#27 ·
So it's not a race bike AND it can't pass emissions?! Is there an MSRP on there site yet? I know, Husky had no idea about U.S. standards. So this is must be the first time, that Husky has sent street legal bikes here? I keep reading about prices going up and up. Why not 9,800.00, isn't that what their getting in Europe? Actually, we should be paying more than the Europeans, because of Shipping, import taxes/tariffs and a weaker dollar. I thought that the reason behind sending under a hundred bikes, might have been for lower emission standards. I could be wrong, but I find it hard to believe that the U.S. gov. set up special last minute guidelines, just for this bike. I'll stick with the marketing game, thank you. They could easily set up the bike lean as hell, while also plugging up the exhaust. Just like everybody else does. Husky just raised the horsepower and made it lighter, did the maintanence schedule of the bike change? The valve adjustment interval on my Yamaha FZ1 is 26,000 miles, from that point of view, I could call the sm610 a maintanence whore. The next thing that I'm going to hear, is that the U.S. gov., wouldn't allow Husky to list a price on their site, lol. Oh, keep it a secret, but I heard that the 2nd shipment of the BLACK sm610s, will arrive before the 1st shipment of BLACK 610s and at a cheaper price. Later

#28 ·
asg21 said:
And you base this opinion on what? Actual knowledge? Reading CycleNews? An email to Alan Cathcart? Voices in your head? Or are you just too smart to mess with any actual source of information?

I have no idea what the 610 will actually cost - the article said $9800. Next time I'll skip the articles and ask you instead.
Wow, aren't you a cranky SOB.

Why don't you go look up MSRP on a handful of other bikes. Get the Euro MSRP, and get the US MSRP, then do a conversion. You'll see that we typically don't pay as much in the US.

Here, here is a dealer in the UK selling leftover KTM 625SMCs at a discounted rate of £4750. That is $8,344 USD.

http://www.bracken.co.uk

That is $2000.00 over what the US MSRP was in '04, and that £4750 price is a discount.

The 2006 Husky will NOT cost anywhere near $9800. You can't just take the Euro price and convert it to dollars.

#29 ·
ptvas said:
So it's not a race bike AND it can't pass emissions?! Is there an MSRP on there site yet? I know, Husky had no idea about U.S. standards. So this is must be the first time, that Husky has sent street legal bikes here? I keep reading about prices going up and up. Why not 9,800.00, isn't that what their getting in Europe? Actually, we should be paying more than the Europeans, because of Shipping, import taxes/tariffs and a weaker dollar. I thought that the reason behind sending under a hundred bikes, might have been for lower emission standards. I could be wrong, but I find it hard to believe that the U.S. gov. set up special last minute guidelines, just for this bike. I'll stick with the marketing game, thank you. They could easily set up the bike lean as hell, while also plugging up the exhaust. Just like everybody else does. Husky just raised the horsepower and made it lighter, did the maintanence schedule of the bike change? The valve adjustment interval on my Yamaha FZ1 is 26,000 miles, from that point of view, I could call the sm610 a maintanence whore. The next thing that I'm going to hear, is that the U.S. gov., wouldn't allow Husky to list a price on their site, lol. Oh, keep it a secret, but I heard that the 2nd shipment of the BLACK sm610s, will arrive before the 1st shipment of BLACK 610s and at a cheaper price. Later

You go on and believe all your conspiracy theories, I'll be back here on Earth if you need me.

Oh, and good idea comparing the maintenance schedule on an inline 4 to that of a single. Why don't you compare the maintence of a CRF450 to the Husky 610, then maybe you'll comprehend what I'm talking about.

#30 ·
Come on now Gary, which Husky dealership do you work for? Your conspiracy theory, is to blame the government. Whats low maintanence to one could be called high maintanece by somebody else. I thought that we were talking about non-racing street bikes. Most of the photos I've seen are taken at tracks. They also added inverted forks. The older 610's seat, looks much more comfy to me and less race bike-ish. ASG21 read something and brought the info to this forum. You replied, yet with nothing to back yourself up with. Name calling Gary. As far as my response to the price, I didn't just convert currencies. Gary do you really take advertised prices of a dealer literally,lol. Dealing goes on and/or hidden charges are involved. When you get back down to Earth, let us know. Wow, and I didn't have to use swear words or name calling either.

#34 ·
ptvas said:
Come on now Gary, which Husky dealership do you work for? Your conspiracy theory, is to blame the government. Whats low maintanence to one could be called high maintanece by somebody else. I thought that we were talking about non-racing street bikes. Most of the photos I've seen are taken at tracks. They also added inverted forks. The older 610's seat, looks much more comfy to me and less race bike-ish. ASG21 read something and brought the info to this forum. You replied, yet with nothing to back yourself up with. Name calling Gary. As far as my response to the price, I didn't just convert currencies. Gary do you really take advertised prices of a dealer literally,lol. Dealing goes on and/or hidden charges are involved. When you get back down to Earth, let us know. Wow, and I didn't have to use swear words or name calling either.

Man, you are high strung, ain't ya.

My conspiracy theory? It isn't a conspiracy if it is true. The SM610 has been released in many countries, but not here due to a problem with emissions. How is that a conspiracy theory?

If you don't see how comparing the maintenance schedule of an FZ1 to that of the SM610 is ridicoulous, I don't know how to make it easier for you to understand.

ASG21 said that Cathcart wrote the price would be $9800, I did not dispute that it was written, and I didn't call him names (maybe you could tattle on me to the teacher), I called it like I saw it.....BULLSHIT.

Do I take advertised prices literally? Of course! They are ADVERTISED prices, you can hold your dealer to those prices, you know. Besides, I quoted a price that was advertised in the UK, which was $2000 over US MSRP to prove my point. If that UK price is false advertising, and the price is actually higher, it just proves my point even more.

I'm done with you man, it is a lost cause.

#35 ·
The bike was to be here many months ago. It will be here in two weeks, make that two more weeks, etc. etc. If there's emission problems, then the blame goes to Husky, not the U.S. Gov. Husqvarna is well aware of what the guidelines are here. They have been selling street legal bikes here, for years. If there were changes for '06 models that Husky missed, then it's still their fault. It's not our wonderful goverment's fault. I'm sorry, I missed the part when you said, that you did not dispute that the article was written(other than in your last post). You simply replied, Bull. Obviously, ASG21 took offense to your comment. He felt that perhaps you were challenging his credibilty. Furthermore, I guess the author at Cycle News just made up the price,huh? Then you proceeded to call ASG21, a cranky SOB. Advertised prices, I guess you never bother to read the *,**and *** at the bottom of the page. Gary, do you have any idea what the cost of living is, in the U.K.? Of course you do, that's why you picked the U.K., to use as your example. Cheers! Well Gary, I just looked at the maintanence schedule, between the 510 and the 610. Do you really feel that there's a noticeable difference. When looking at the 510, look at road use not track use. So, using a race bike for road use, isn't that bad, compared to the 610. Now, comfort is a very different issue. I still prefer the cushy seat of the older 610, to that of the new one. I have a feeling that members will be posting, seat mods in the future.

#36 ·
Information content = 0

GaryMR said:
Man, you are high strung, ain't ya.

My conspiracy theory? It isn't a conspiracy if it is true. The SM610 has been released in many countries, but not here due to a problem with emissions. How is that a conspiracy theory?

If you don't see how comparing the maintenance schedule of an FZ1 to that of the SM610 is ridicoulous, I don't know how to make it easier for you to understand.

ASG21 said that Cathcart wrote the price would be $9800, I did not dispute that it was written, and I didn't call him names (maybe you could tattle on me to the teacher), I called it like I saw it.....BULLSHIT.

Do I take advertised prices literally? Of course! They are ADVERTISED prices, you can hold your dealer to those prices, you know. Besides, I quoted a price that was advertised in the UK, which was $2000 over US MSRP to prove my point. If that UK price is false advertising, and the price is actually higher, it just proves my point even more.

I'm done with you man, it is a lost cause.
Bullshit.

#38 ·
ptvas said:
The bike was to be here many months ago. It will be here in two weeks, make that two more weeks, etc. etc. If there's emission problems, then the blame goes to Husky, not the U.S. Gov. Husqvarna is well aware of what the guidelines are here. They have been selling street legal bikes here, for years. If there were changes for '06 models that Husky missed, then it's still their fault. It's not our wonderful goverment's fault. I'm sorry, I missed the part when you said, that you did not dispute that the article was written(other than in your last post). You simply replied, Bull. Obviously, ASG21 took offense to your comment. He felt that perhaps you were challenging his credibilty. Furthermore, I guess the author at Cycle News just made up the price,huh? Then you proceeded to call ASG21, a cranky SOB. Advertised prices, I guess you never bother to read the *,**and *** at the bottom of the page. Gary, do you have any idea what the cost of living is, in the U.K.? Of course you do, that's why you picked the U.K., to use as your example. Cheers! Well Gary, I just looked at the maintanence schedule, between the 510 and the 610. Do you really feel that there's a noticeable difference. When looking at the 510, look at road use not track use. So, using a race bike for road use, isn't that bad, compared to the 610. Now, comfort is a very different issue. I still prefer the cushy seat of the older 610, to that of the new one. I have a feeling that members will be posting, seat mods in the future.

Man, I have no idea what you just wrote. I'll just agree with you so we can move on.

#45 ·
There are some KTM 625 smc bikes on Cycle trader. I even see a new '04, going for 6300.00 in California and some new '05s from 7-7200.00. For parts/service you'd have to pick the Suzuki. I've read that some are getting 50hp out of them. My plan B and C, are moving up to A and B.

#48 ·
ptvas said:
There are some KTM 625 smc bikes on Cycle trader. I even see a new '04, going for 6300.00 in California and some new '05s from 7-7200.00. For parts/service you'd have to pick the Suzuki. I've read that some are getting 50hp out of them. My plan B and C, are moving up to A and B.

Does that mean you'll be moving over to the KTM forum now? :laughingr ;)

#51 ·
We're all just frustrated by the late arirval. Since most of you dont play bullet chess. Crank the soundtrack from Queen of the damned. Especially song #8. Nighty night, hup, hup. It's an awesome cd, enjoy it motard rider. I'm 40 and if it's too loud your too old.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.