SuperMoto Junkie banner

Don't you hate when this happens?

4K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  tallboy350 
#1 ·
It's all fun and games to have a unique bike until it comes time to need new parts. Here's my broken spark plug cap off my gasgas fse450. I was trying to pull it off the plug and it shattered on me. I got this part out and left the plug in and pulled the other chunks of plastic out from around it, then i blew the whole thing out good to make sure all little pieces are out before i pull the plug.

#3 ·
no biggie, its just a spark plug wire boot.. threes 300 of them at your local auto parts store, or several of them at your local motorcycle store.

now would be the right time to upgrade to a better wire anyway.

having a "special" machine break parts only sucks if you want to keep it all stock... for the most part, i dont have a choice, my Ducati is my daily driver.. theres no way i can wait 3 weeks for parts to get here from Italy.

#4 ·
I had to order the specific part b/c the the wire that leads to it broke as well, and it needs the specific lead to the coil . So i had to order it from Gas Gas. The main parts supplier for gasgas parts only stocks 05 and newer stuff, but they can order 03 parts and it just takes awhile. Luckily for me Zxsixr on here has a similar bike and had a similar problem a while ago. Anyways he ordered the piece i need, but in the mean time he fixed his, so the piece came in and he no longer needed it. So they let him cancel his order and let me buy it and mailed it out the same day. I'm still waiting on it to come, but its better then 6 weeks

Thanks again zxsixr for your help!

#6 ·
YAYAYAYAYAYAY I got my piece today. The UPS guy pulled up and i got excited like a 10 year old kid on Christmas day. The spark plug cap that was on it was an aftermarket generic NGK one and it was really short. The plug is way down inside the cylinder, farther down inside then i've seen on any other bike. It needs the longer spark plug cap, the factory one is meant to be pulled on at the bent piece of rubber on top of the cap, the generic one was so short i could barely get a grip on it.

Anyways, i got my new plug, new plug cap, and i'm off to the garage then to hit the street...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.