Think these lights will work?

Thread: Think these lights will work?

Default Think these lights will work? (pics up)

I got these from work at my employee price so they weren't that much. I have 30 watt bulbs for them and they will only draw 2.4 amps each. Should be about 200,000 candlepower. I'm going to see how they work on the front of my Husky. There are tons of deer here and I don't want to hit any of them. Plus the OEM lights suck.

Advertisement

I just installed the lights. Bolted them on each side of the number plate where the turn signals used to be. I wired these two to the high beam wire and wired my old high beam bulb to my low beam switch. This way I can still cruise through town without blinding everyone. These truely do what the box says, turns night into day. You can focus the beam and put it exactly where and how you want it. If I paid five hundred bucks for the performance gain I just got it would be a bargain. I only paid one bill. I highly recommend these lights to anyone looking for more light. I'll post up some pictures in a few minutes, I'm heading out with the camera now.

Quote Originally Posted by yamadak13 View Post
    I got these from work at my employee price so they weren't that much. I have 30 watt bulbs for them and they will only draw 2.4 amps each. Should be about 200,000 candlepower. I'm going to see how they work on the front of my Husky. There are tons of deer here and I don't want to hit any of them. Plus the OEM lights suck.
    maybe, but 200,000 candles on a husky would look waaaaay unique!

5. Remove Advertisements
    SuperMotoJunkie.com
    Advertisements

Yeah, I have the bigger version of these lights on my truck. These are wicked lights. Plus you can swap out the polycarbonate lenses for different colors to suit the conditions or for different kinds of beams.

lets see some pics mounted up. i am interested in how they look

Before

After

that is awesome! looks great, where can one find these lights?

Quote Originally Posted by gc8andy View Post
    that is awesome! looks great, where can one find these lights?
    http://www.lightforceusa.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrRv-WcFeNA

NoVa, outside the city of Liar's and Theives

Very nice man, I just got done mounting 2 Hella 500's on my CR500, the way I ride you can never have 2 much light. My hella's are garbage compared to Lightforce stuff, wish I got your pricing. I'm just running 55w bulbs in both, run 1 on lowbeam aimed accordingly and both on highbeam
    I refuse to TipToe through life only to arrive safely at death... I think i'd rather be backing it in, way over when I come screaming through the pearlys
    91 CR500 Built PLATED
    Its like a 3rd world country dictator>>>>
    it doesn't want to kill you but it will if that's whats necessary

Quote Originally Posted by FrickenMotarded View Post
    Very nice man, I just got done mounting 2 Hella 500's on my CR500, the way I ride you can never have 2 much light. My hella's are garbage compared to Lightforce stuff, wish I got your pricing. I'm just running 55w bulbs in both, run 1 on lowbeam aimed accordingly and both on highbeam
    Did you do anything to your stator to be able to run 110 Watts? With mine, if the bike idles, they are just a slight bit dimmer than when I have a little bit of throttle.

Quote Originally Posted by Petemit View Post
    Yeah, I have the bigger version of these lights on my truck. These are wicked lights. Plus you can swap out the polycarbonate lenses for different colors to suit the conditions or for different kinds of beams.
    I think I'll be putting some on my truck now too. I'd like to find a nice prerunner bar for my Titan to put them on.

Quote Originally Posted by yamadak13 View Post
    Did you do anything to your stator to be able to run 110 Watts? With mine, if the bike idles, they are just a slight bit dimmer than when I have a little bit of throttle.
    I have an Eline stator making 200watts so it doesn't mind to much, I don't leave them both on at idle. Its a built motor and the 2 stroke doesn't like idling much with the extra load and if I turn the idle up it likes to hose the plug, they do get marginally dimmer at idle. I'm also about to redo the wiring system and run a different rectifier to try and preserve some more energy, then I'm planning on switching to a 100w bulb in the second light. I wish I had the cash and the discount to afford to use Lightforce HID's but for the money I can afford to trash the Hella's
    I refuse to TipToe through life only to arrive safely at death... I think i'd rather be backing it in, way over when I come screaming through the pearlys
    91 CR500 Built PLATED

Wow, those are huge.

Might be useful to stand behind the bike and show how well they illuminate.

Nicely done!

Default Lights

Sweet lighting set up!!!

I am always looking for options for additional lighting and I like your idea, sweet!

I made this set for running the twisties at night, the bad thing was LEO's said they were to brite.

Low beam is dual 55 watt and high beam is dual 100 watts.

Just something I fabbed up in the shop.

I am using a Acerbis Cyclops at this time and it does the job fairly well, this fall when the the sun sets earlier I will swap out the Cyclops for the duallies to paint the road while running the twisties

I would get pulled over almost once a week (same officer every time) because the OEM headlights on my R6 were too bright. He kept trying to force me to make them dimmer. He never understood that people (including cops) would pull out in the road right in front of me ALL the time because they just couldn't see me. He claimed to be an avid rider too. Ya I don't think so. Anyway, thats why I left my stock headlight in place for my low beam.

Here's my setup, on dirt trim, she is kinda ugly right this moment

91 CR500 Built PLATED

We just had a nice lightning storm go over so I went out to get some pictures. Man I want my good camera back. Trying to snap lightning with a point and shoot sucks. Anyway, I took a quick pic with the stock headlight and the new ones. I'm still getting them pointed right and adjusted where I like them.

Old

New

I managed to get a few shots of the lightning. It was pitch black out, all the light is from the lightning.

wow I would say much improved its amazing what some light does for your night riding huh

, lightning shots are sick
    91 CR500 Built PLATED

Advertisement