SuperMoto Junkie banner

Kick stand problems KTM

11K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  Basque 
#1 ·
I have a KTM 525 MXC with SM 17" wheels. I do not trust the way the bike layed on the stand MX wheels. Now with 17" wheels it stands pretty straight. What is my best option? Do I get a stand and cut it to length needed or is there a specific part # I need to order?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

#4 ·
I have heard one of the smaller KTM bike's stand will bolt up. I can't remember which one it is.
I just got another OE kick stand for my bike, cut it 1.75" and welded a round foot on it.
Works great no problems.

Good Luck !
:bike:

#7 ·
I thought about cuting it, but did not know if it would still work when I put my mx setup back on.

But you say there is 1.75" diff in length. I may just cut it and get another stock one. Sounds great thanks for the info.

#8 ·
Buy another OE stock stand to cut for "supermoto trim" and save the stock one for when the bike is in "dirt trim"

here is a "hillbilly" way to measeure how much to cut off the kickstand..... (in supermoto trim and with the stock, too long kickstand still attached) lay a board on the ground (I used a 2x4). Roll the entire bike up onto the board and try the kickstand on the ground (not the board). For me it worked just right. Since the 2x4 is actually 1.75" thick I knew I needed to cut that much off my kickstand to make bike sit right.
That is how I can up with 1.75" to cut off.

Kinda strange way but it worked for me.

Good Luck !
:bike:

#10 ·
Hey that may be a "hillbilly" way to measure but down south it's how most of my engineering gets done and it has not let me down. Strangely enough I did not think of that. Thanks for that info now if I can just get myself to cut the stand I'll be in great shape.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.