SuperMoto Junkie banner

Utah Riders

36K views 306 replies 37 participants last post by  J.R. 
#1 ·
I know there are some Utah riders out there. I saw 2 riders today in SLC on their WR250x's :thumbup: . Only a few more weeks of good weather riding so lets get together. Anybody for a ride:bike:?

#33 ·
I took Old Basin a few weeks ago and hopped around the road block and kept going up the road. There was still alot of snow on the road. It probably is gone now but I had a blast messing around in the snow a little on the bike. We should try to get a ride together from sometime this weekend in the Ogden area If your interested.

#34 ·
Hey, I'm rolling up to SLC for the WSB races next weekend @Miller Motorsports Park. Can anyone give me info on the event or SLC? I'm picking up a bike in Denver and will probably base camp out of Grand Junction, CO for 3 days, but plan to spend Sat night in SLC. Whatever biker friendly info you can pass along would be appreciated. Thanks, Frank Dallas, TX

#35 ·
The event is awesome. I went last year. You will need to stay in the SLC area. Hotels are few and far between out by the track. Be careful if your riding here cuz next week is supposed to have some mild sprinkles each day. Enjoy the races. That track is incredible.:thumbup:

#42 ·
Were are all the Utah county riders???

I spoted four motards this week! witch is amazing... A blue wrx, A red converted 450x(I've seen you 3 times now) And a yellow drz, And a black drz guy that works at the gas station at the mouth of the canyon, I don't think he really rides though...

Anyone in utah county actually ride their bikes?!?!

I'm on the KTM, Usually all blacked out and on my way to the canyon.

#45 ·
I seen a couple o' tards out there on sunday, and im sure there were a ton more (we didnt get to see alot of the peoples and rides there since we were doing corner marshalling/crash recovery), we just camped there since wednesday, but damn if i didnt see more bmw's ridden by 50+ yr olds (not there is anything wrong with that) than i did sport bikes, i thought the SBK attracted the sportbike/squid/hotties ... not so much this year :nutkick: i did see 2 umbrella girls that misplaced their tops.... and bras.... :hmmm: in the Haga pit tho... so that made up for it

#46 ·
Nice... Yeah, I was amazed by how many BMW's were there... I think there were more than Ducs. Maybe the "unfortunate" umbrella girls were why the teams were so quick to shut their doors during the pit walk...

#49 ·
no way! i love it ... riding in the rain is awesome

#48 ·
Yeah its pretty bad, I missed most of it since I was in San Diego all weekend. Its making it difficult to get out to scrub-in my new tires (Bridgestone BT016's)

#54 ·
ok, so it looks like the weather is gonna hold today, we are still meeting at the above location, just show up or if you want my number them pm me and i'll send it... we usually dont wait but if anybody wants to go, show up @ 6 or just go up to 12th street and keep going west until you cross the tracks (about 8 miles from the light at 1900 and 12th) thats where we'll be... or 'round about that area...

#56 ·
damn! that didnt take long to put them up! man, what a crazy evening :nutkick: and all this reminds me of the list "reasons to love your motard" --> when we lay 'er down it does tens of dollars of damage, vs's hundreds or thousands....

#57 ·
That looks interesting.:headshake
I wanted to come out today but found out I have strep throat so it didn't work out. I blame it on the weather. Oh well we need to get something together this next week if the weather is good. It looks like i missed out. Any ideas for a good ride this week let me know.

#58 ·
yeah man, get better, strep is no joke, we still have lots of riding ahead... but you did miss a pretty spectacular crash... an example of what happens when you dont use the rear brake to catch a wheelie, luckily he walked away, and the bike can be fixed, but damn it was crazy, even more so was that starskey got a pic of it right before it got wadded up (see pic 3) ... it was cool to finally ride with another sumo rider though :thumbup: the SB rider is currently at davis hospital with a poss broken elbow and some road rash on his knee....

#59 ·
Miller supermoto

Anybody make it out to Miller this past weekend ? Was it wet out there?

I was going to come out and watch but thought it was probably pretty nasty out there.

We need some good supermoto spots here in SLC.... Anyone have a favorite run close to town? If such a thing exists that is?....

sxv801 -
SXV 450 2007

#60 ·
Anybody make it out to Miller this past weekend ? Was it wet out there?

I was going to come out and watch but thought it was probably pretty nasty out there.

We need some good supermoto spots here in SLC.... Anyone have a favorite run close to town? If such a thing exists that is?....

sxv801 -
SXV 450 2007
i dont usually ride down that way but would be willing to travel if ya find something good.... post up if you do

#62 ·
any body in the roy ogden area wanna ride friday? i dont really care where either... pineview, gsl, etc...

#63 ·
May be doable, depends on the weather between now and then. I've got stuff to get taken care of before Saturday that I need good weather for. BTW, I live in Layton so it wouldn't take a whole lot of planning...

#64 ·
Hello phonebem2!

With Metal Supermang in Roy, me in Clinton, and you in Layton.....we need to get our crap together and go run the canyons more often in the evenings. I'm going to be "out of pocket" for a few days :rant:, but will try to set up a ride when I am once again available to go riding.

#65 ·
If anyone else is in the Ogden area Metal Supermang and I are planning a ride sometime. If you want info send me a PM w contact info and I'll let you know when and where.

#67 ·
that would be cool if we could all meet up for some quality hooligan time ha ha, if we get out that way we'll hit you up, yesterday me and phonebem2 had a good ride up around snowbasin and the ogden pass, with a minor set back .... hopefully we can meet up with ya soon

#68 ·
Hooliganism? Sh*t downtown is great. South Temple, turn up "A" street and jump over 1st Ave. The avenues have all sorts of fun kickers and tight roads. Up near the Capitol as well. For longer rides, Mirror Lake Highway is open now. Also, if you take Emigration Canyon up and then connect onto East Canyon, that is a really fun run up to the lake (not the East Canyon Reservoir). That one is close to the city and a little longer enjoyment.

#79 ·
Hooliganism? Sh*t downtown is great. South Temple, turn up "A" street and jump over 1st Ave. The avenues have all sorts of fun kickers and tight roads...
That sounds like fun, I might have to go up to SLC!

#69 ·
/\ Yeah I recently went to a car meet and we went up east canyon over past Rockport and to Morgan. It was a good drive but would be a hundred times better on a bike. I still have to get my motorcycle license before I can go on any real rides haha. Those natural jumps in downtown sound like a blast. I will have to go check them out sometime.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.