SuperMoto Junkie banner

Utah Riders

36K views 306 replies 37 participants last post by  J.R. 
#1 ·
I know there are some Utah riders out there. I saw 2 riders today in SLC on their WR250x's :thumbup: . Only a few more weeks of good weather riding so lets get together. Anybody for a ride:bike:?

#3 ·
Sounds great. I am only in town for about 10 days / month but I would welcome a ride anytime I am here. Weather is great right now!!:bike:

#5 ·
:thumbup:Cool. Lets see if we can get a ride together in the next few weeks. Where do you like to ride? Anybody up for the alpine loop? Colors are incredible right now in the canyon.

#6 ·
I would not suggest the alpine loop, I usually hit that ride every other day.
And it is PACKED right now, It's like a freaking geriactrics center up their.
Old people everywhere just cloggin up the road to take pictures. And most of them can't stay on there own side of the road.

#9 ·
Call to all SLC riders. The season is almost over. I have seen a few new WRX's over the past few weeks with new tags so I know there are a few riders out there. Lets get together.

#10 ·
A buddy and I are going on a ride tomorrow (wednesday) Not sure What time, but if you wanna go call me and well do it. 801-696-3742

We'll most likely go up the Alpine loop, I think It should be dried up by now.

So, Plan on meeting at the mouth of American fork canyon at some point in time tomorrow if you want to go. Other wise, I think this will be our last week to ride I bet. last weekend it's already been to cold to enjoy a ride...

-Scott

#11 ·
Is this thread dead?

Hey folks......

I'm new to the website. I just built up a DR650 Suzuki Motard to go with my DR650 Dual-Sport adventure bike. Guess I get to spread myself among two social classes now?

Always interested in local rides. I'm up in the Clearfield area. :thumbup:

#12 ·
Hey folks......

I'm new to the website. I just built up a DR650 Suzuki Motard to go with my DR650 Dual-Sport adventure bike. Guess I get to spread myself among two social classes now?

Always interested in local rides. I'm up in the Clearfield area. :thumbup:

Welcome and we hope to see you around. I cant wait for SPRING!!

#13 ·
It was almost spring-like yesterday so I took my new-to-me Tard out for a run. Stopped to take some shots of it at a local park. It's not heavily modded. Small tires, factory tail rack, custom seat, home-made aluminum skid plate, grip heaters and TUSK front shock seal boots.

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn258/rockclimbingcj/img031-1.jpg

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn258/rockclimbingcj/img026.jpg

I'm needing an upper chain guard for my other DR650. Anyone have one they need to get rid of, or know of a place to get an aftermarket one? It's going to be about $50 to order it and the two mounting bolts for it from the local dealer and I'm just struggling to dump that much on a piece of plastic.

#14 ·
Nice photos. I just converted my blue Yami to BLACK and I am waiting for the seat to be recovered. Good looking bike though. Keep in touch so when the weather breaks we can ride.

#16 ·
It is way tooo cold. I cant believe it. My seat is still getting re upholstered so I guess it doesnt matter to me but I cant wait til SPRING!!

#17 ·
Ride Time

I've got too much schoolwork to go anywhere this weekend, but for anyone else stuck in town, how about a slow ride around Antelope Island to stir the fluids and warm the tires?

My wife and I will be at the parking lot outside the gate of Antelope island some time after 10:30 on Saturday morning. Look for a black/white DR650 "dirtbike" next to a black/white DR650 "motard". We'll take off to the island at 11 and stop at the food-shack before the lunch rush (do they even have one?).

We're just meeting with some friends, going to enjoy some lunch up there at that little buffalo-burger place, and do a liesurely roll around the whole island. My wife hasn't ridden in months and we both want to kinda "test out" the bikes we just modded. Bring your friends, bring your spouse, bring both bikes or ride two-up. We look forward to seeing you there.

:bike:

#18 ·
I've got too much schoolwork to go anywhere this weekend, but for anyone else stuck in town, how about a slow ride around Antelope Island to stir the fluids and warm the tires?

My wife and I will be at the parking lot outside the gate of Antelope island some time after 10:30 on Saturday morning. Look for a black/white DR650 "dirtbike" next to a black/white DR650 "motard". We'll take off to the island at 11 and stop at the food-shack before the lunch rush (do they even have one?).

We're just meeting with some friends, going to enjoy some lunch up there at that little buffalo-burger place, and do a liesurely roll around the whole island. My wife hasn't ridden in months and we both want to kinda "test out" the bikes we just modded. Bring your friends, bring your spouse, bring both bikes or ride two-up. We look forward to seeing you there.

Wish I could make it but my daughter has a recital so I am out for that ride. I will also be out on business for the next 2 weeks so I will see you mid march.

#19 ·

due to a nasty head cold my wife and I will not be out riding at antelope island today....perhaps we shall try again soon :rant:

#20 ·
SLC, Utah riders. Weather is looking good this week. Anybody want to ride:bike:? Canyon riding is still cool but if we can hook up for a ride I might be able to work something out.

#21 ·
Me, the wife, and some friends are going to roll Antelope Island on Saturday if anyone wants to join us. It's going to be new riders, two-up riders, new bikes, cruisers, motards, out-of-place dirtbikes and folks that haven't ridden for a while so nothing too intense. Everyone is invited and ride whatever you have.

We'll meet at the parking lot outside of Antelope Island at 11 AM (yes I want to sleep in) and we'll stop for lunch at the overpriced buffalo-burger joint on the island.

Over lunch maybe we can put our heads together and set up some tentative other rides and gather some ideas.

#24 ·
We need a place to ride....

Anyone know anything about the kart track in American Fork area that is abandoned? It is between 1-15 and Utah Lake just west of the Pleasent Grove exit . I saw some guys were talking about it on here last spring and havent heard anything since.

Where can we get a track put together in the SLC area?

#28 ·
I'll have to keep an eye on here... I won't be able to go tomorrow since I'm already gonna be riding MX with some friends. I'll try to make it next time.

#32 ·
Ride Report

On a sudden whim a friend and I ran up Ogden Canyon last night, then cut up the old snow basin road. It's still blocked off part-way up, and there is a LOT of gravel and pebbles on the road. I'm sure it'll be a better ride once it opens fully (June 1 I believe) and the passing traffic knocks some dirt off the asphalt. For now, it's hard to stick the corners when you hit that sand bar and find yourself sliding into the other lane.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.