SuperMoto Junkie banner

Utah Riders

36K views 306 replies 37 participants last post by  J.R. 
#1 ·
I know there are some Utah riders out there. I saw 2 riders today in SLC on their WR250x's :thumbup: . Only a few more weeks of good weather riding so lets get together. Anybody for a ride:bike:?

#108 ·
Planning a ride this sunday the 20th, im thinking bear lake, or a ride that'll end at the dew tour to watch the freestyle motocross, but open to other ideas. PM me your number if your interested

#110 ·
there hasnt been much activity on the utah thread lately.. what are ya ridin retrik? i live in Roy and work in north salt lake. im always down for a ride

#116 ·
Its getting to be that time of year again... Thought I'd resurrect this thread to see who's still around. We'll have to get our collective s#!7 together and actually get some rides this year.

#120 ·
Im thinking week and a half til my bike is going again. Just waiting for parts!

I want to go check out kelly's new shop soon if anyone wants to meet there and bullshit?? hit me up! if I cant ride there Ill drive...

#123 ·
I think I know where that is... Where was the shop before, unfortunately I really don't have many (really any) bike shop connections.

#124 ·
Im not sure where it was... I'd sure like to check this out tho. Kelly is a great guy and Im sure He will only help the motorcycle community grow around here

#126 ·
What's up Utah riders. I just moved here from Oregon. Well, I'm in the process of moving. My bike should be down here within the next 2 weeks. How's the supermoto community around Utah? I haven't seen any bikes yet. Any tracks to ride? I've seen some of the passes and they seem like they would be awesome once the gravel clears from the roads. Anyways, I'm subscribed to the thread now and look forward to meeting up for some rides or some hooliganism. I'm going to be living in Salt Lake, so if your anywhere nearby, let me know.

#127 ·
I love Monte Cristo and East Canyon myself. Monte is up North near Huntsville around the Pineview Reservoir and East Canyon is a much nicer way to get from the Ogden area to SLC/Park City than I15 if you have the time.

I am still very new to the SuMo scene and have yet to take my WR up Trapper's Loop so I'm not sure how well that's going to go since it's a pretty decent incline the majority of the way up.

#128 ·
Theres a decent group around here.

Track riding can be had at Miller Motorsports park. This year is a down year, We only have a 4 race schedule planned, But hey were racing! Theres also a Utah racing section in the racing forums section on here. So keep an eye on that.

Straydog,
Your WR should be fine for trappers

#129 ·
Straydog,
Your WR should be fine for Trapper's (mine's been over it more times that I can count and hasn't died yet). I just wish there were a different way to get over it to get to Old Smowbasin Rd, that is pretty much the local sumo Shangra-La...

#134 ·
I've put many a mile down on Old Snow Basin and Monte Cristo on a variety of sport bikes and I am drooling in anticipation for hitting it up with my WR. How about coming up 12th St Canyon? That any better than Trapper's? There's such a serious grade on Trapper's I think I'd rather suck up the crappy traffic on 12th and get to OSB that way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.