SuperMoto Junkie banner

2002 Ktm 250 Exc

33K views 22 replies 11 participants last post by  Peeweesp 
#1 ·
Well I picked this up a few weeks ago now, It was in great shape to begin with but i figured i would re do some things.

I picked up a set of those DNA motard wheels and all in all they aren't to bad. Seem to be ok so far.

Here is some pics. I Still need to do some stuff, it needs different hand guards and a different headlight. I also have a graphics kit coming. And i didn't put on the new rear fender yet. Its plated but not exactly legal lol

It has an FMF pipe and Silencer, WER steering damper, Carbon Pipe guard, Devol Rad Guards. Engine is pretty much stock besides the pipe.

Any input would be great on what to do next?

See less See more
#3 ·
yeah i just put a 40 tooth rear sprocket on, although i am not positive what the front has on, i need to check that out

#5 ·
Thats my 98 KTM 620 rxc, Im rebuilding the front forks and rear suspension. So i figured new swingarm bearings and all that good crap while its apart.

I would of taken the 250 out tonight but it was a bit to foggy, couldnt see shit.

And i thought i would ride the 250 in the dirt more than i did, but i figured wtf i can get a plate on the thing 250 2 stroke motard would be cool

#10 ·
Well heres how i feel about it. I went out for a quick romp, Cornering the bike still feels way to tall to lean it in to much, i need to drop the forks a bit i guess. thats really the only complaint so far, gearing was alright

#12 ·
ive really only ridden mine onroad twice now and it has been for short romps around my house, its not a bike you can go out an cruise on but it is fun as hell

#23 ·
lol, yeah the hand guards are crazy big ill have new ones by this summer. I wouldn't recommend this bike to cruise around on, its great for quick romps like i said but not cruising. I so far haven't had any maintenance issues but i probably have less than 2 hours of street riding on it. Im not sure weather i am keeping it yet, i just picked up another lc4 to start building. But i think i will at least keep it until spring take it to the track a few times see how it hangs.

And yeah no key.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.