SuperMoto Junkie banner

Street Legal YZ450F Build

82K views 38 replies 31 participants last post by  yamahaJ 
#1 ·
After seeing swatdoc's build thread I have wanted a street legal YZ450 but I didn't feel like dealing with the hassle of getting it titled for the street. I went to the dealership planning on getting a wr250x but when I saw this bike I just had to get it. It was already street legal but still in dirt trim and the price was great.

This is what the bike looked like when I picked it up from the dealership on 11/28/08.

Then I put on some monster graphics and acerbis rally pro handguards. These will be my track plastics. Im using white plastics for the street.

My order from Motostrano comes in.

Test fitting the wheel.

I really want to get a Brembo front brake setup but I need to sell my mini motard first. So I just went with a cheap ebc rotor until then.

Here it is with the wheels on.

Supermoto fender and supermoto handguards on.

I got the chain on.

Pulled the subframe so that I can drill and tap the top of the swingarm for the Graves chain block.

Notched the chain buffer and now test fitting the chain block.

Started putting the white plastics on but I don't know if I like them. I'll see what it looks like all put together but I might just go back to the blue plastics.

I got the chain block mounted so that the tires won't get all chewed up.

Here is what it looks like right now.

I still need to finish putting on the graphics.

CRG Hindsight Mirror

ASV C5 super shorty brake lever

ASV C5 shorty clutch lever

Next up is suspension, brakes and rewiring the lighting setup. The previous owner did a horrible job wiring up the lights.

See less See more
#6 ·
Lookin sweet but yeah the light doesn't look right with white plastics. I'm diggin the white plastics, white's the new black haha.

#23 ·
nice bike...... keep those white plastics on.... needs a 4.1 FMF full exhaust... :thumbup::thumbup::bannana::thumbup::thumbup:

#25 ·
WHITE!
nice setup. - should be a blast. Atleast run a rear section exhaust and it will be sick.
You running any turnsignals? Mine kept melting off....

#27 ·
sweeet build man. What headlight did you go with? pic? Doin kinda gonna be doin the same thing in the next few weeks. got a new set of plastics(blue) butt i wish i had got the supermoto front fender..think you can link me up? have no idea what im gonna do with my headlight (stock one from 02) need to ditch that alog with the tail for some LEDs.. throwin my warp 9 wheels, new rotars, and alum sprockets this week hopefully.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.