SuperMoto Junkie banner

Thumb Throttle Conversion

7K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  red187rhino 
#1 ·
I only found one related search result on this topic and it was specific to stunting. So, I present the following question to the group:

Has anyone thought about or actually done a wrist to thumb throttle conversion?

My preliminary thoughts on why this would be beneficial is that it may allow for a more constant hand/wrist position. And for those very experience riders, the set-up would allow for easier simultaneous throttle and heavy front-braking...think backing it in while spinning the rear tire loose with throttle.

Dan

#5 ·
i like the idea, but i would think your thumb would get very very tired. But for me my wrists are always hurting after riding........i may have to look into this. I wonder if you could just get a set up off a quad and bolt it on???

#6 ·
I always ditched the thumb controls....3 wheelers and the later quads.
It was too hard to gas w/the thumb and hold on w/the rest. It might be ok on something that is a wimp mobile, my machines always had big power and I needed my thumb and at least 2 more fingers (1 or 2 on the brake) to hold on.
I even converted my ski to a twist grip.

I laways thought it was a government issue. When some noob squid jumped on a quad and gave it a thumb full of gas, he'd actually let off and thumb-grasp the grip.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.