SuperMoto Junkie banner

Alpinestars Supermoto Boot

50K views 145 replies 41 participants last post by  motostrano 
#1 ·
Motostrano is now taking pre-orders for the long anticipated Alpinestars Supermoto Boot. Based on the Tech 7 MX boot. This boot is retailing for $379.95 and due to ship this Spring. I don't yet have an exact date on it, nor do I have pricing for the replacement soles just yet, but I will shortly.

This boot has been long in the making, with Alpinestars testing various replaceable sole ideas for the past four years. So, I would expect this boot to be a very good Supermoto boot. Comes in White or Black.

See less See more
#45 ·
soo next two are side shots and last is the heal, is this heal part of the sole goona last...?

Quality..top notch
fit and finish..top notch

Everthing is good...BUT I felt the boot was very stiff..like a flat track boot made outa rubber...

So tonight I put the boots on..kicked the bike, and did some testing...
new boots ! , had to lift the heel to brake..shifting was fine...
I felt the boots were very very good for support...very stiff sole...If you like the feel of "Sidi slippers" you WILL NOT like these boots....
after riding up and down the street I decided these boots aren't as stiff as they seem, great great support...when I put them on I felt I could put my foot down at 100 mph's and be fine...I keep saying stiff but when they are on, that feeling goes away....not sure :hmmm:...4 outa 5 till the track test...as a last comment being used to slippers these boots felt very very good...i'll comment next week... so far intial feeling on the product... 4 outa 5...I guess I know stiff boots get better with wear...duh?? but I am concerned about the wear spots...soles...replacements are cheap..but ??
in the end I think Alpinestars kicked ass...wait till this week...my story "may" change...

Attachments

#46 ·
sooo a recap....

"Fit and finish" 5
"Comfort and support" 4 (broken in ?? maybe a 5)
"Design and replacement"...4 hopefully a 5. but don't know till I wear them down and see "where" the heel wears...

well thats it...Thanks Joe.. don't sell all the Gaerne quite just yet:eek:

#48 ·
My pair should arrive March 2nd. I am a little concerned after seeing Brian's photos of the heel slider. I'm going to take a good look at my Tech 8's and see if they are worn down as badly as I think they are in the inside of the heel. Seems like a fully replaceable heel would have been a much better design. I'm not about to jump ship and go with different boots, because I've ALWAYS worn Alpinestars and I really like their products, but I am now curious as to whether or not the entire sole can be replaced. I remember hearing something about the new molded soles not being replaceable, but I find that kind of hard to believe.

#49 ·
just about everything is replaceable on these boots, though they don't always make all parts available out of the standard distributor catalogs. i was at the Alpinestars location in Torrence recently and saw a Tech 3 on the work bench and that is a boot that's priced at a level that it should just be re-purchased new instead of resoled. the non SM tech 7 is also replaceable.

#52 · (Edited)
ok......Ran approx 2 hours and 20 minutes this past weekend.....boots felt fantastic...rear brake was a bit of a lift but thats normal for me as this is the way I like the rear brake set up.....shifting wasn't a issue at all....I thought I was wearing my sidi's but felt they had way better support....very easy to walk in ....even on wet tarmac...very good traction....I'm not a boot dragger but will dab If the bike feels like the front is goin away........so the wear points are exactly where the replacement parts are located.....I did feel abit of the venting at work but it was at the lower areas only...Buckles are very easy to use and very very easy to adjust while the boots are on...
So I'm very very happy....overall I'd up my previous score to a 5 outa 5
I wear a size 12 and they feel perfect for foot size selection...I also wear full 1 piece leathers so the calves are tucked into the boot..
I ordered them on a wednesday, Joe gottem in the following monday and I got them that following wednesday....

Enjoy Dave ! You'll luvem...

Attachments

#53 ·
I just got mine today and they're sweet. I'm going to have to get a new pair of thick MX socks because I'm used to wearing regular athletic socks with my Tech 8s' bootie. I do miss the bootie (just feels so warm and fuzzy :lol:) but I like what I see so far. I'll grab some MX socks tomorrow and spend some time walking around the house and garage to break them in before practice Friday. I plan on posting a review similar to brian's after this weekend's race. Thanks Joe!

-David

#58 ·
After this weekend's race, I give them a thumbs up. I found that I was only putting my feet down on the sliders, which was a pleasant surprise. My only gripe so far is that the screws for the sliders don't fare so well when sliding across the asphalt. I actually loved that they weren't on the bottom of the soles when I first looked at the boots and thought it was a great design, but after a small lowside during practice I wish that they were on the bottom. No big deal, but I'm sure I'll be replacing the screws periodically with some of Ace Hardware's finest.

I would advise anyone who is interested in these boots to pull the trigger. Once you do buy them, make sure that you set aside some time to break them in before a race. I missed a couple of shifts and looked like a fucking fool in them the first couple of times out :lol:. Everyone who saw them thought they were sweet and I'm glad I bought them. I think that they might not be quite as trick as the Sidis, but I do think that they are WAY more bang for the buck. As a college kid with a racing problem, I'm a fan :thumbup:

#59 ·
Awesome........the first day I got my Sidi's I lowsided at about 50 and almost tore one of the buckles off....well at least your new boots have had their cheery popped.....:D

#60 ·
Funny you should mention the cherry popped. I follow the ritual of throwing new helmets, boots, suits, etc. on the ground prior to wearing them. I was hoping that I'd be good with the boots after throwing them down on the pit road, but ended up lowsiding once and highsiding another time (but ended up on my feet running off the track :lol:)

Edit: Sorry, just realized that I'm signed on to Andy's name. Over at his house pounding brews, imagine that...

#63 ·
got some other info today that i think is helpful. When Alpinestars designed the boot and the sliders, they were forecasting that a PRO rider would be able to get in appx. 25 rides on a fresh pair of soles. recent feedback from some Pro riders who have been using them off-season have shown about 20 rides from a Pro rider.

#68 ·
got mine today, was disappointed in how the replacement soles mounted up. (i think i got a dud pair) there was almost an inch of gap in the toe and about the same in the rear plate, you could see the sole clean through the gap.

i ordered another pair, well see if PU sends out a good one.

i talked to my guy at A* and he said that since they are so new he was going to forward the pics i sent to a couple of other people to see what the deal is with it...

maybe im just being too picky, but when im dropping some coin on a new pair of boots, the least i would expect is the soles to fit together...

#70 ·
got another set, wasnt as bad, needed them for this weekend..

i figure by the time i need the whole thing re-soled they should have it perfected by then..

oh, btw.

these boots ROCK.
super comfy, and slide predictably, all the wear was on the replacement plates.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.