New or Prospective Members Please Read This First - Page 19
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Thread: New or Prospective Members Please Read This First

Welcome to the forum Queso. The dark side is where it is. Hope you have a speedy recovery and get that braap mobile.

Advertisement

Default New member/drz400sm

My name is Kyegar (kiger) I'm from Washington and i have a 2009 drz400sm. Ive always read around on forums but never posted anything, so here's my first post! I have an STI also (hence my username) and this is my third supermoto. My first one was a 2003 crf450, and then a 2006 drz400sm, and now this 2009 drz400sm. I have done a few mods to it, mostly cosmetic but i will post a picture. Maybe when i know how to use forums better, i will post a build thread of my bike!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default New to Supermoto

Hi everyone, my name is Chris, I live in Bath, Maine, I recently bought a 2013 CRF250L and a set of supermoto wheels. I'm really looking forward to turning the bike into a full supermoto, but I recently found out the wheels I bought are for a KLX. Cheers

you to be from Europe to end with cheers

Default Just Became a Member ( Michigan rider)

Asuhh my fellow supermoto junkies! My name is jake and ive been shredding dirtbikes sense i was 4 years old. Figured why not step it up a notch and see what dirtbikes are like on the streets. Went ahead and picked up a 2012 WR450 supermoto. Im from Michigan and love fall riding, from the livingston/ gennesse county area (hmu if your local) Love the bike and couldnt be happier with it, a bit of a hog weighing 250lbs but thats what happens when you add the bells and whistles lol Ive always loved this site, its been very helpful in figuring out problems and there have been a few times where my input could have helped so i became a member. I look forward to meeting all the sumo bros and helping out the community. Stay safe and Love riding!

-SumoBeast

Default New Sumo Birmingham, AL

I just converted my 2013 KTM 690 Enduro to the supermoto setup and man what a blast it is to ride! Looking forward to tearing up some twisties this fall!

New poster from stl

I have a WR250R and my woman has a CRF250L

Looking forward to learning more about supermoto setups and riding!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Brand X View Post
    My name is frank I am brand x. I'm a noob to sumo but have been riding mc's for about 34 years including my starter briggs & straton mini, yea I was lucky I had a cool dad that rode and still does at 71. I have had around 21 different mc's (thanks pop) I have ridin dirt, superbikes, touring, drag raced, and now sumo. I love mc's of all sorts I own at this time a ktm 625 smc, harley shovel head ridgid frame handshift, sporster chopper project and am days away from purchasing a hayabusa. $ the only reason I don't have hundreds of bikes. One other cool toy is a 2 door sedan model ford I'm building with blown 454 it's chopped 7.658". I live in Spring Tx. and I'm a welder/fabricator by trade. Oh yea have a king cobra 50 hanging up was my sons race bike. I'm new at this forum stuff so hope that's cool.
    Hey brother... I'm from Midland Texas.. I think spring may be relatively close to midland.. Wouldn't mind meeting up with some smj's.. I'm a tech at pro Moto garage here in Midland we service and build dirt street toys bikes quads utvs.. Everything so I'm really looking forward to meeting new people worldwide as well as in my state....

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

Well guys.. My name's weslee. I'm 23 I'm new to super Moto but have been riding my whole life.. I grew up on 3wheelers I had a 85 200x a 86 350x and a 86 Kawasaki tecate250 also had a cr500 a quadzilla and other goodies.. My most recent riding toys have been street.. Cbr919 cbr1000 r6 ninja500 and 2 katanas.. I just bought a 2003 crf450r for 600$ at my shop... The crank is going out in it and he didn't wanna pay to fix it so I swooped in for the kill * don't judge me * I originally had intention of just fixing and flipping but my boss owns a factory Ktm.. Smr. 450 2006 model in mint condition and its super trick.. I had to have one.. Now I'm hooked.. My bike currently is still dirt from but I'm searching the webs for parts and I want the best most affordable parts as I'm working on a tech budget lol.. Anyways I love in Midland tx.. Work at pro Moto garage * check us out on Facebook * and look forward to meeting the sweet awesomeness of people that is the super Moto junkies!!! Please do not hesitate to ask me any mechanical problems or suspension problems as I am a licensed parts dealer and have a factory ktm rider who works as a tech at our shop now.. He knows his suspension set ups and dial anything in for anybody.. I look forward to giving feedback as much as I look forward to receiving it.. Thanks for the invested and the warm welcomes.. And now for the moment you have all been waiting for.... The picture 😎

Default Me

Hey everyone my names John, I am new to the supermoto craze and even still new to motorcycles in general. My first bike was my senior project. I bought a broken down 2011 CBR250R and fixed it up and made it something unique and fun. I took the fairings off the bike and converted it into somewhat of a streetfighter and I stickerbombed the tank. Don't get me wrong I love the 250 but after almost a year of owning it I'm ready to upgrade to something a little stronger, and thats where supermoto comes in. I sat thinking a long time about what my next bike would be, I considered a superbike but I just couldn't how uncomfortable they were and how much power they had and I knew if I got one I'd abuse the power. Cruisers were never really an option for me because I just didn't like the aesthetic or feel of them, and no matter how much I wanted to I just couldn't get myself to jump on the super naked wagon. So I was in trouble trying to figure out what kind of bike I wanted to upgrade to. Something unique, cool, reasonably powerful, and above all just fuckin fun. Then I learned about supermotos. I was hooked as soon as I learned of them, whats not to like? A torquey, fast bike, thats upright and can be taken offroad with the switch of your tires??? Not to mention they just look badass. So here I am, a CBR250R owner looking for the right sumo for me and that's who I am! I'm excited to be a part of the community and can't wait to find a supermoto of my own

Welcome to the dark side John. You won't regret it.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Hey john. Where you from man? Or more importantly where are you now? I'm currently looking for super Moto riders to ride with in the west Texas area

Quote Originally Posted by wesleelamarhein View Post
    Hey john. Where you from man? Or more importantly where are you now? I'm currently looking for super Moto riders to ride with in the west Texas area

Hey Man I'd love to ride but I live in NC right now

Hi everyone, another John here, I live in Auckland, New Zealand. Motorcycles have been a fair part of my life, I currently have 4 bikes, 04 Buell Firebolt XB12R, 2015 WR450F, 06 WR250F, and a Chinese/Korean 90cc scooter. done a fair bit of road and offroad riding over the years. always wanted to try the super moto thing, so when the opportunity to buy the WR450 came along I jumped, I bought with the intention of converting to a motard and use it to commute to work, loving it, but there still somethings I need advice on.

Welcome to the dark side John. I think the old dudes are now out numbering the young fooks. Lets start a movement.

dratz :/

Hello from Las Vegas Nevada... looking at 2004 KTM 525 EXC... supposed to have a Baja Designs coil upgrade. Desert tank too. I know this is a sumo site but I was looking at 70/30 as I have easy access to desert to explore.

Ave 1969, welcome to the forum. It sucks being in the middle of the desert. Nothing to do but ride ride ride, that is when its not 110 degrees plus. I'm always looking out for a good 525 that's not priced like it was new. Contrary to popular beliefs, KTM's do depreciate like all things.

Quote Originally Posted by lloydstrans View Post
    Ave 1969, welcome to the forum. It sucks being in the middle of the desert. Nothing to do but ride ride ride, that is when its not 110 degrees plus. I'm always looking out for a good 525 that's not priced like it was new. Contrary to popular beliefs, KTM's do depreciate like all things.
    Thanks.
    I started a thread about the KTM I found. http://supermotojunkie.com/showthrea...-crazy-KTM-525

I'm David 23. Live in clarksville TN. Moved here bout 6 months ago from Colorado. Rode dirt my hole life on 2 strokes. After moving to TN I found the dirt scene out here sucked so I decided to buy a sumo since I was familiar with dirtbikes. Bought a 06 WR450 supermoto and have loved every minute of it mostly on one wheel. Been reading lots of forums from the time I decided to buy one until now and decided to join and post some stuff and my bikes recently developed some problems I cant seem to fix and wanted to get some advice.

Welcome to the forum David, enjoy.

Default Hello!

Hey everyone! Just stopping by to say hi.

This forum has helped me in scoring a '09 KLX250SF already upgraded to a 365 so, thank you!

Don't mean to step on anyone's toes but basically I'm left with cosmetic mods. Just added new, shorter mirrors, and also did the tail light/fender eliminator; stock blinkers will be replaced soon.

Next is graphics – gotta remove those numbers (250) and replace with the real thing.

Looking forward to chat with the SMJ folks!

Happy 2017!

Welcome to the forum, Louie. Nice bike.

Welcome Louie.... I found the same bike for sale locally...

Default New here

Yo, just bagged a 17 husky 701SM up here in Wisconsin. Its my first new bike after buying many used ones from clist. First love was MX then I decided to go motard. Not a racer or a pro, just love to twist throttle. I try to wrench on what I can, but leave most the work to the techs. When I'm not riding I'm skydiving.

Default Hello

Hello all,
    My name is Dave and I live in Southern California. I recently bought a new 2016 DRZ400SM. I've been riding for over 40 years and have raced MX and road for many years. I also have a KTM Duke, a 79 Yamaha RD400F, and an 04 Triumph Thruxton. I've been heavily into the Cafe Racer scene for 30 years and recently got tired of clip ons and decided I need more wheelies in my life. I have spent the last 32 years in the US Army and recently retired. Love all bikes but my roots are in Motocross. Th
    anks for listening to a Sumo Grandpa.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojacker View Post
    Hello all,
    My name is Dave and I live in Southern California. I recently bought a new 2016 DRZ400SM. I've been riding for over 40 years and have raced MX and road for many years. I also have a KTM Duke, a 79 Yamaha RD400F, and an 04 Triumph Thruxton. I've been heavily into the Cafe Racer scene for 30 years and recently got tired of clip ons and decided I need more wheelies in my life. I have spent the last 32 years in the US Army and recently retired. Love all bikes but my roots are in Motocross. Th
    anks for listening to a Sumo Grandpa.
    Yay, another old fart to join the dark side, welcome. I'll forgive you for the misguided Army years.

What's up guys. Names Jay. Coming from San Francisco CA. Have had many Enduro's and Supermotos. The last two, DR650 Supermoto conv. And currently a KTM 690 Enduro's R. Don't know if I'm an old guy. I'm definitely not young. Been riding since 4 years old and stay mostly on the back tire. IG onewheelmotion_sd_jdogg.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Default wanna get in the seat

Hi brothers
    Been riding 43 years on and off from FS1E to current Tiger XR and competition from trials (Montessa), Motoball (Triumph cub), mx (Maico 440, Suz RM 250) and track days, but my love is SM and always has been from seeing +30 yrs ago Kenny Roberts snr doing stuff on tarmac that has always caught my love and imagination, sliding large road bikes around circuits at 100+mph just blew me away.
    This is my first ever, ever forum and the only reason is the maturity and level of information you guys share (credit where do)

I'm an Aerospace Chief Engineer and father of 4 and commute with the Tiger XR and as I have some unused tarmac and green lanes nearby looking to get first SM style with low seat, low maintenance, street legal and nice and light to have some fun. A bit nervous about trashing the XR as expect to drop it and slide about - watch out Kenny !
    Probably a bit old for all of this but the passion is there and still fit enough to put leathers on and have ago Thanks guys x

We are never too old to "back it in".

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Hello Everyone,
    My name is Josh, I'm 16 and parents won't allow me to ride, but ill be getting a supermoto as soon as possible

Cool Hello Everyone!

Hello Everyone!

My name is Ryan, I am 26 years old and I have been riding motorcycles for the last 20 or so of them. I have always found myself browsing this page for quite some time and figured it was time i joined.

I just picked up a 2017 DRZ400sm, currently in my living room lol. I also have a 1999 YZ400 that i converted a number of years ago and it still continues to take a beating

Thanks for the opportunity to say hi!

-Ryan

Welcome to the forum smiteets, enjoy.

what up everyone. my name's darren, i'm 31, and from southern california. been riding streetbikes for about 12yrs now and have always dug supermoto. got in a pretty decent wreck on my cbr600rr on nov 10, 2014 that shattered my left ankle and heel. injury got me medically discharged from the army, bike was totaled, hella surgeries and physical therapy, now it's about time for me to start lookin at bikes again! looking forward to gaining new knowledge!

Welcome to the forum Darren. Now get a steed and join the fun.

Darren,
    since you are in so-cal you should check this out if you haven't already

https://www.facebook.com/search/top/...al%20supermoto

you can do track days, take their school on their bike and learn a lot, hopefully keep you from hurting yourself again, adams kart track in riverside

Default New or Prospective Members Please Read This First

hello my name is virgil i am new to sm world i have been riding all my life like most started on dirt went to street but love both worlds. i work at timbrook honda where i was head tech then moved up to service advisor/ assistant manager i am building a 2008 xr 650l sm just waiting on rims and tires to arrive this is my 2nd 650L had a 99 few yrs back and did the poor mans sm putting street tires on stock rims but it worked and was fun as hell. latest bikes have been cbr900rr which are tanks also n really are good for what i live to do which is ride wheelies. i am thinking bout putting crf 450r forks and triple on my 650L any help would be appreciated

Welcome to the forum Virgil. Love those BRP's and the quite not as big pigs.

Hey guys names Rob. From Nj.
    Been riding about 15 years. Had bikes and quads, did the street bike thing for a while. Now I traded off my last street bike for a 2014 rmz 450. Looking to get into supermoto. Track only.
    Streets are done with for now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Default Just picked up my first SM a Husy SMR 511

Hi all, I'm from Manchester UK and have just bought my first SM. background is MX but soon got into sports bikes but continues with the dirt and still ride Enduros. I haven't done any riding for 12 months but haven't stopped thinking about it. I have a 2015 KTM 250 EXC 2T Factory Edition with only 30 hours since I got it at Easter 15. Also a ZX9r streetfighter highly customised and as of tonight a late 2012 husky SMR 511 with a few mods.
    Roll on the summer.......

Hey all,

Im living in South Korea and have been riding for about 4 years, so, still a relative newb. My first bike was a Hyosung rx 125 sm; id always wanted a supermoto style bike and the rx was a great intro bike, especially since, being a Korean make, parts and maintenance were really cheap. I then bought a 99' Honda CB400 SF vtec 1. Great bike; very smooth riding, and past 7400 rpms the vtec kicks in and knocks you back in your seat. However, it had quite a few maintenance issues, so ive recently opted to go back to my love for supermotos. I purchased a 07' KTM 690 SM Prestige off another memeber of this group.
    So, im gunna be looking through here for advice etc from time to time~

Sent from my SHV-E330S using Tapatalk

Default Newbie here!!

What's up guys, names Stephen!

A little about me, 26 from the dirty south of MS. Been riding bike now for around 7 years I guess. I've had everything from a Honda shadow 750 (weak sauce) to a Triumph Thunderbird Storm 1600, I'm currently on a 2016 Suzuki GSX-R 1000. Plan is to trade the gsxr in this week and get me a Sumo of some sort Won't lie I'm leaning hard towards the 2017 KTM 690 SMC R.
    Anywho thanks for having me here! I'm sure I'll be asking several dumb questions in the next few days

Le gixxer

Hi guys, NC bro here. almost everytime I google stuff about sumos I end up here, so I thought wth I might as well sign up.

Default Newbie from Prévost Canada

Currently own FZ10. Considering trade for Husky 701. Looks like a blast but never driven one. Will try to find a demo day in my area

Default New to Supermoto

Bill form S/E Michigan, old guy (57) mostly street for the past 40 years, lots and lots of bikes over that time.
    Found this thing and said "I've never owned one of these before".
    Love it so far.

Quote Originally Posted by bmwbill View Post
    Bill form S/E Michigan, old guy (57) mostly street for the past 40 years, lots and lots of bikes over that time.
    Found this thing and said "I've never owned one of these before".
    Love it so far.
    Looks amazing. Is it really a BMW??
    Whats size engine is it and or model??
    Thx BMWBILL

Quote Originally Posted by Petepuck View Post
    Looks amazing. Is it really a BMW??
    Whats size engine is it and or model??
    Thx BMWBILL
    Lol, yes it's really a BMW. It's a 2009 G450X, the best I can gather is it's a conversion, wheels and tires aftermarket, exhaust, bark busters, rev counter and possibly rear sprocket are all upgrades. I found it at a Victory-Indian dealer with only 450 miles on it.

New to the forum, name is Cason from Detroit, MI
    Just picked up a 2005 Honda CRF450X
    Excited to join the community

IMG_0858.jpg
    IMG_0869.jpg
    IMG_0870.jpg

Advertisement
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast