New or Prospective Members Please Read This First - Page 2
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: New or Prospective Members Please Read This First

to SMJ!

No worries about your English, it sounds fine. Your bike is very cool and I did not even know they existed. Looks like it would be a blast to ride!
    05 CRF450XSM
    09 KTM 690SMC (Gone but not forgotten)

I feel the need for liberation through acceleration.

Advertisement

thanks

one question, you don't see it good on the photo, but the front fender is (i think) just too big for my moped, looks like they've taken it off an sxv and put it on mine anyone know's some good looking fenders for mine?

Default Nother Newbie

Hi There Jim`s the name from Nottinghamshire England current ride is a 2006 KTM 640 Prestige.

Hey Ya,ll from Kentucky.My name is Mike and I got a good deal on a 04 Ktm 450 SMR.Now what to do with it?I'm 50 and been riding mostly dirt since a kid.Current bikes are XR 650R that is tricked out and has been my favorite for the past 4 yrs.Recently built a GNCC YZ 250 two smoker(can't wait to ride it).I live 10 miles from Turkey Bay ORV Park in Land Between the lakes(dirt bike heaven) but would like to put together a bike for the narrow twisties down here.Thought this might be a good start to get into the whole asphalt thing.Look forward to chattin with ya,ll.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by MIK"O"; 01-10-2010 at 06:11 AM. Reason: add pictures

My name is john. I live in Phoenix so i ride all year! Currently ride a TL1000R, looking to get a moto with income tax. Been lurking and reading on a few sites to find out the pros and cons of a few bikes. Looking forward to chat with you all.

Welcome to SMJ John! We can do more than chat. Hit me up and we'll go ride.
    05 CRF450XSM

Quote Originally Posted by 450XSM View Post
    Welcome to SMJ John! We can do more than chat. Hit me up and we'll go ride.
    Sounds good.

Default old guy just getting into super moto

I'm almost 60 and have been riding for decades. I currently ride an '09 Honda CBR 1000 With ABS. My previous bike was a Suzuki Bandit 1250. Had an '05 Honda 250 CRF until recently and have spent lots of time riding dirtbikes. I ride mc's for one reason only - acceleration. I'm not a top end speed guy and rarely go over 65. But my thing is getting from 30 or so to 65 or so as quickly as possible. I'm from WV, so I love the twisties, too. A friend recently turned me on to super moto and told me that if I want acceleration instead of top end speed, this is the way to go. I've never ridden one or been around guys who do, so I don't know much at this point. I live in the Columbus, Ohio area and would appreciate some feedback from those of you who know this kind of bike well.

to SMJ!
    05 CRF450XSM

New B to Sumo but not two wheels, looking fwd to meet some of the peeps here.

For Big Track and Canyon: 05 Ducati 749s
    For Kart track ( Adams, Grange, Fontana ): 05 CRF250r

Welcome to SMJ hpzie! The 250sounds like it would be fun on a true SM track or Kart track.
    05 CRF450XSM

My name is matt, live in southern NH. Its a good area for riding anything with a motor. Been riding dirt for about 7 years, just got into street last year. Got a cm400c i hacked into a rat(cheap fun). Trying to put together a xr600r for sm(we'll see how that goes). I'm new to this site and would like to share any info and ideas anyone might have.

to SMJ Matt! Check out the Honda sub-forum in the Manufacturers section and you will find tons of information on XR600s. Seems like a lot of the topics there lately have been about the big XRs. Have fun!

Found this one for ya http://supermotojunkie.com/showthread.php?t=46272, hope it helps.
    Last edited by 450XSM; 02-21-2010 at 09:15 PM.
    05 CRF450XSM

My names dan i live in new jersey. i just bought a 2005 drz400sm and can't wait for the weather to warm up so i can get out on the road more. i love the bike and can't wait to learn about some mods

to SMJ Dan!
    05 CRF450XSM

hey everybody
    my friends call me smiley and im from sydney, australia
    im 19 and am pretty new to all of this
    ive ridden my granddads ag bike on his farm since i was 12 or so, and a couple of dodgy bikes onroad in asia more recently
    im about to get my learners licence here and am going to need my own bike soon
    i was doing a lot of research lately and am pretty certain supermoto is the way to go for my first bike
    im still tossing up which model to get, and am very open to any suggestions
    cant wait to get into it

to SMJ!
    Good starter bikes are the Yamaha WRX250 and the Suzuki DRZ400. If you don't want to bite off too many CCs to start with the WRX250 is great fun for around the city and twisty roads. The Suzuki DRZ400 is more powerful with larger displacement yet not scary. It will still be fun in the city yet be more appropriate for more open roads (freeway and highway). Both have fairly easy maintenance schedules for supermotos and would be easier to learn on than converted race/dirt bikes. Check in the Manufacturers forum to see what people are saying about their bikes.
    Last edited by 450XSM; 03-07-2010 at 11:27 AM.
    05 CRF450XSM

Hey this is Jozef, or Joe for short. Used to ride dirtbikes, sold my 06 yz450f and bought an 08 smr 510 last month
    08 SMR 510
    09 Landcruiser 70 series

Welcome to the madness Jozef!
    05 CRF450XSM

thank you..i feel at home already
    08 SMR 510
    09 Landcruiser 70 series

HEY WUZ GOIN ON GUYS IM ROB..MOB FROM NEW YORK CITY I REP M.O.B YA MIGHT SEE ON MY BIKES STANDS FOR MOTOCYCLES ON BROADWAY...ALL DAY ALSO SMB..SUPER MOTO BOYS ..I LOVE TO RIDE AN LIKE TO TRICK MY BIKE OUT AS OFTEN AS I CAN MY BIKE MAKES OTHER WANT SUPERMOTO'S SO I HAVE FEW FRIENDS THAT I MADE JOIN THE FAMILY I CAN SAY...I BOUT MY BABY FULLY STOCK FOR 1500.. WITH NO TITLE AN VERY BIG DOUBT IT WAS LEGIT BUT IT WAS I GOT TITLE THREW DEALER BUT BEFORE I DID HAVE TITLE I WAS EAGER TO HAVE MY BABY LOOKIN LIKE A MONSTER SO FIGURED ILL DO IT UP MONSTER AN HOPE TO GET SPONSER OR SUM KIND LOVE FROM THEM..SHIRTS ATLEAST LOL.. BUT HOPE U GUYS LIKE WA I DONE SO FAR AN THE SEASONS BACK SO IM BOUT TO HIT UP EBAY AN LOOK FOR SUM GOODIES BUT WUD LUV TO KNOW MORE SITES TO ORDER FROM SO SHOW THE NEW GUY SUM LUV AN LEMME NO SO I WONT HAVE TO B GOIN NUTS ON AUCTIONS
    2005 DRZ400 SM
    2005 KAWASAKI 636
    M.O.B

Hello everybody,

My name is Matt (well, at least here in the US) and I'm originally from Slovakia in Europe. I probably have fewer miles clocked than most given my background but I started riding when I was about 12. My first bike was a Jawa 50cc scooter with pedals! I then graduated to another 50cc Jawa from 1968, haha (and I was born in the 1980s, mind you). That bike cost my dad about 60 bucks, but it kept my biker spirit alive Once I made it to the US (2004) I saved up some coin working in the dishroom and got an 82 XJ650. Since then I've owned a stripped down suzuki vz800, and currently ride a YZF600R. I've always loved dirtbikes (have some time on a cr125 and rmz250) and seeing that supermoto is the only type of a streetbike that I have not owned yet it's a natural progression. Basically, I'm looking for ideas to convince my wife that it is ok to get another bike (or somebody who's looking for a yzf600r in exchange for a sumo?)

to SMJ guys!
    05 CRF450XSM

Default Greetings from the Smokies!

Hey Guy's Glad to be here. I live on the North Carolina side of the Great Smokies national park. Just up the road from deals gap. My new ride is a DRZ-400s with an extra super moto wheel set. I'll be posting some photo's of the area and various riders, Cheers....Lance

Welcome to SMJ Lance!
    05 CRF450XSM

Hello
    My name si PETER from POLAND

Quote Originally Posted by piecia80 View Post
    Hello
    My name si PETER from POLAND
    Welcome to SMJ PETER!
    05 CRF450XSM

Hey Peeps , My name is Darren Peterson and I live in Lomita California, I am originally from Pretoria South Africa. I have been Riding since I was five and recently bought myself a KTM SMR 950. I am pumped to be part of this community. ROCK ON !!

Quote Originally Posted by Epoxe950 View Post
    Hey Peeps , My name is Darren Peterson and I live in Lomita California, I am originally from Pretoria South Africa. I have been Riding since I was five and recently bought myself a KTM SMR 950. I am pumped to be part of this community. ROCK ON !!
    Welcome. 950 huh...thats alot of bike. Post some pics when you get around to it.
    Its not the speed that kills its the sudden stops!

Quote Originally Posted by mmm View Post
    My name is matt, live in southern NH. Its a good area for riding anything with a motor. Been riding dirt for about 7 years, just got into street last year. Got a cm400c i hacked into a rat(cheap fun). Trying to put together a xr600r for sm(we'll see how that goes). I'm new to this site and would like to share any info and ideas anyone might have.
    Welcome mmm. Im from southern maine. PM on the way
    Its not the speed that kills its the sudden stops!

Hey hi
    New 690 Duke owner. New owner, old bike: KTM track demo with no rear tail light, map switch hard-wired out of loom and a bunch of other stuff, so as i get this bike put together I'll be on here lots.

Welcome to SMJ everyone!
    Last edited by 450XSM; 04-07-2010 at 12:49 PM.
    05 CRF450XSM

new to seen i have been in the market for a bike for a while, and all i see is harleys and croch rockets.. both not me I saw a dude rippin on a supermoto and was like wow excite bike in real life.. ware can i buy one at a dealer looking for a husky 510 sm r

No Husky dealers in NH as far as I can tell. Closest I can find are these:
    Connecticut
    http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/3997/M...da-Suzuki.aspx
    http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/Dealer...?DealerId=4181
    http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/Dealer...?DealerId=3983
    Maine
    http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/Dealer...?DealerId=4295
    Pennsylvania
    http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/Dealer...?DealerId=1434
    http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/2223/M...-Warhorse.aspx
    Enter your zip code in that dealer locator and how far a radius you're willing to drive. It will show you the available options.
    Last edited by 450XSM; 04-07-2010 at 01:17 PM.
    05 CRF450XSM

thanks buddy the search is on

hi
    my name is trevor i from ireland but live full time in thailand.
    been into supermoto about 10 yrs now and have owned several
    my bike of the moment is an xr 400 factory supermoto with fmf pipe and pumper carb
    i also have a vor 502 Italian sm but this one is in ireland.

lookin forward to geting to know this site as i have a lot of questions regarding the xr 400 sm
    i live on a small island with the worst internet on the planet so uploading photos is a problem right now

Welcome to SMJ Trevor!
    Check out the Honda sub-forum in the Manufacturers section for info on the XR. You can troll through the available threads, do a specific search with the search button, or ask specific questions in that forum. Whichever you chose you'll get plenty of information to entertain you. Have fun!
    05 CRF450XSM

hi new to this and biking just got a zennco supermoto 125cc . id just like too say hello and get some feedback on what you all think of this bike

Default Hello everyone.

My name is Christian and I am Thanos71. Im from south florida and have been riding for about 4 years,only been on sport bikes and crusiers but have had a real itch for the supermoto thing. Last october rode my first dirt bike a suzuki 250 and loved how light it felt and was really surprised how well the performance felt for a 250(was not expecting much from such small displacement) anyway I started thinking that this supermoto thing has got to be the bomb!So here I am and I am looking forward to being part of this forum and finding out more about supermoto before I decide which machine is for me,im sure I will recieve great insight from all of you. Thanks and see you on the threads.

Welcome to SMJ guys!
    05 CRF450XSM

Hello Gang, I'm Glen. Been Riding On And Off Road For 41 Years!!!! But After Reading Some Of The Posts, It Doesn't Sound Like I'm The Only 'old Guy' That Loves Riding. I'm The Owner Of A 1969 Honda Cb750 Sandcast, 1980 Honda Cbx 6 Cylinder, A 'dual Sport' 1997 Honda Cr500 That's Legally Plated Since New. Various Other Quads And Factory Race Arctic Cat Snowmobiles. Finally Rode A Drzsm And Gotta Join In The Madness!!!! Will Be Searching The Site For Advice On Tires, Rim Sizes, Etc. For The Cr. I'm Located In The Northern Suburbs Of Detroit, Mich. Drop Me A Line Neighbors!!

Welcome to SMJ from a fellow old guy!
    05 CRF450XSM

Default BC, Canadian here!

Hi everyone, my name is Quentin, I live in beautiful British Columbia, Canada. I recently bought my very first REAL bike, an 08 Yamaha WR250X which I LOVE! Just a noobie rider, too scared to go too fast, but hoping to be able to do some cool moves in the coming years. I love to ride my bicycles as well, exercise lots, hang out with friends and family, and I am looking forward to meeting some fellow bike lovers!

Welcome to SMJ Quentin. Going fast is not a requirement here, having fun is!
    05 CRF450XSM

Thanks 450XSM, I will most definitely be having fun thats for sure! Whats your favourite bike to ride?

Hi people, I recently got an Suzukie DRZ 400SM this past Friday. I love it! I used to have a RM 125 all beefed up as far as it could go and i had to make a life changing decition that involved saleing that bike for a cutom wedding ring. I'll never regrett the decition i made but would miss the bike to death.

Knowing months later that i got rid of my bike for this reison my lady was secretly looking behind my back for another bike. But as time went on & we got married, got a house and now with a baby on the way in September I totaly pushed geting another bike off for a while. Then the other day i over herd her on the phone talking about a 400SM. I was like, what the heck is she talking about and saw her watching ESPN Motercross comp. so i paied it no mind.

Then she said to me last week, after her sonogram, I have to tell you something... I was like oooooo SH*T... Whats wrong with you or the baby? She started laughing and i was kinda pissed because the way she said it was all worried like. So after i clamed down she was still laughing and said just go look on the back deck. And DAM their it was a Blcak on Black DRZ 400SM! I could have cried... she was so happy and told me, "I know that you gave up your bike for me and every time we ride by or see a motercycle/dirtbike you almost brake your neck.... so I solved the issue... with this!"

Can you beleave this shi*, My wife bought me a bike! Now i can have the best of both worlds. I'll post up some picts once it gets nicer out this week.
    sorry for spelling!

Live in Baltimore,MD

Quote Originally Posted by qgentry View Post
    Thanks 450XSM, I will most definitely be having fun thats for sure! Whats your favourite bike to ride?
    My KTM 690SMC has replaced the Honda 450X. The 450 was a blast on a supermoto track or on the twisty roads but now the only SM track is in Tucson (2 hours away) which is too far away for my tastes and to ride to any curvy roads here requires too much straght stuff to get to it for the X to be fun. The 690 is better for long distances and has a top speed to hang with sport bikes and it's just as much fun around town and on the twisties. The X was switched back to a dirt bike 3 days ago and looks like it's going to stay that way so I can use it off road more often and not have to change wheels in the process.
    05 CRF450XSM

Quote Originally Posted by SSMOTO View Post
    My wife bought me a bike! Now i can have the best of both worlds.
    Gotta love that!
    Quote Originally Posted by SSMOTO View Post
    I'll post up some picts once it gets nicer out this week
    Let's see 'em buddy.

Welcome to SMJ!
    05 CRF450XSM

Thanks for the welcome
    08 DRZ 400SM, 3x3, James Dean Jet Kit, BMC filter, FMF Titainum 4 exhaust,

That 690 must be fast!! what hp rating are those?

Advertisement
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast