New or Prospective Members Please Read This First - Page 3
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: New or Prospective Members Please Read This First

Quote Originally Posted by qgentry View Post
    That 690 must be fast!! what hp rating are those?
    Don't know offhand. I know it'll go 110mph on the open highway or cruise at 70mph at less than 5,000rpm on the freeway.
    05 CRF450XSM
    09 KTM 690SMC (Gone but not forgotten)

I feel the need for liberation through acceleration.

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by SSMOTO View Post
    Thanks for the welcome
    Thank you for the thanks for the welcome.
    05 CRF450XSM

Thumbs up

Whats up.Glad to be here

hey guys,
    my name is Rory from bath england, been riding dirt bikes since i was a wee boy, and got my first road bike when in turnt 17 years old which was an 06 plate yamaha xt125 and used that as my daily hack and pissed a round in the mud on weekends and wrote it off :( and now i got a wr250x and since then i have loved sumo's and everything sumo related

Welcome to SMJ waors, have fun here!
    05 CRF450XSM

HI im Ricky from Oklahoma i used to ride alot of motocross and got into the woods and ive been racing the local (blackjackendurocircut) .com for a few years now. i recently just bought an 07 drz400sm i absoultly love the bike.i descoverd this website from thumpertalk.

Welcome to SMJ!
    05 CRF450XSM

Hi all.

Kevin from NW PA (Meadville) here.

Been riding road bikes for about 6 or 7 years. Started on a 250 Ninja, then to a 900 Ducati Monster, then Triumph 675 and now a KTM 950SMR 07 (and a 900ss for fun on the track)

My bike is like a big fat supermoto and I don't ever see another one, and id guess there aren't too many on this forum (maybe I'm wrong?)

It's much heavier than a normal sumo, but makes up for that extra weight with a wicked engine.

Im trying to figure out the whole stick your foot out riding style, which is how I found this forum.

Hopefully I can learn something.

Default hello

I'm Johnnie, from Kilkenny in ireland. I'm currently converting my '03 CRF450R into a road legal SM. I've been riding bikes 17years. I'm 34 now. I've owned quiet a few bikes through the years, around 27 or 28 mostly sprts bikes. I at the moment have a ZX7R, HORNET 6, ZXR750H2, GS750, GPZ1100B2. I raced an FZR600R for a few sessions short circiut, I'm looking to do a few track days on the SM when I have it sorted. I'll be busy with the search button on this site for a while first

Welcome 900rider and johnniefox!

We are happy to complete your assimilation to the Darkside and, as you have seen, resistance is futile. Begin the inevitable by clicking here http://supermotojunkie.com/showthread.php?t=97920 .
    Last edited by 450XSM; 05-06-2010 at 09:16 PM.
    05 CRF450XSM

Hi, I'm Rob from the south of England.
    I passed my bike test in 2000 and have just bought my fourth bike, a SM'd 2002 520 EXC in black, amazing fun and very cool bike, I immediately love it to bits!
    My last bike was stolen by pikey scum five years ago, it was a 92 DR650, quite powerful but weighed a lot too.
    I had been looking at LC4's (Dukes) ever since but having read up on the power - weight of them compared to an EXC I changed my mind, was also tempted by the Husaburg 650.
    Soon I will be fitting an alarm, tracker and getting a massive lock and chain.
    I was thinking of making a sticker with a sarcastic note to potential thieves...
    "Dear thief, proceed the Porsche around the corner as it will be easier for you to steal"
    But I wouldn't want to tempt fate.
    - SupeR RetarD -

Default heyy

hey im Ed from Ashby MA, Ive ridden dirtbikes and fourwheelers all my life and currently own a gsxr 750 k8 and im interested in getting into the sm's

Welcome Winobie and wojcuilewicz. Have fun here on SMJ!
    05 CRF450XSM

Hello,

My name is Joey - You can probably tell by my site name I live in Maple Valley, WA. I am new to SM but not to bikes. I've thrown my leg over bikes since I was 4 and been riding dirt bikes ever since. I currently own a Kawi ZX10R and a KTM 450 XC-F. I just sold my yz250 to get the KTM and am looking at getting it completely setup for supermoto. It is such a fun bike and yet still new to me so if anyone else has the same bike and could throw some tips about it my way that would be rad. I hope to see you at the track or street soon

Welcome to SMJ Joey!
    You'll find a ton of information in the KTM section of the Manufacturers forum for about your bike. Check it out here http://www.supermotojunkie.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43
    05 CRF450XSM

Default Cool

Quote Originally Posted by 450XSM View Post
    Welcome to SMJ Joey!
    You'll find a ton of information in the KTM section of the Manufacturers forum for about your bike. Check it out here http://www.supermotojunkie.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43
    Thanks

Thumbs up Hi guys

Hi folks, been riding for over 20 years now, had all sorts and always loved motocross. saw jeremy mcgraff riding supermoto with a few boys on his day off and instantly wanted some of that. So the supermoto bug was born LOL
    Had a few CCM's and various other stuff. Just traded my beloved CRF450 for a SXV 5.5 (including lots of race bits ) and hopefully will be able to get lots of hours in this summer. Im in Manchester in the UK BTW.
    Last edited by mtrim69; 05-18-2010 at 12:00 PM.

Welcome to SMJ!
    Click here to start the fun http://www.supermotojunkie.com/showt...=97920&page=25
    We can always use more international players at the Riding Challenge Game.
    05 CRF450XSM

Default 690SMC LongHaul

I am a 2 week owner of 2009 KTM 690 SMC. Previous owner of a kick a*! setup DR400SM... needed a little more size and power for my highway jaunts I am a fat a*! help me find some great sites for KTM wind screens and extended haul luggage or packs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dell Craaybeek View Post
    I am a 2 week owner of 2009 KTM 690 SMC. Previous owner of a kick a*! setup DR400SM... needed a little more size and power for my highway jaunts I am a fat a*! help me find some great sites for KTM wind screens and extended haul luggage or packs.
    Congrats on the new bike. Take it from me my friend, you are about to have the most fun you've ever had. Welcome to SMJ!
    05 CRF450XSM

Quote Originally Posted by ecmx922 View Post
    Whats up.Glad to be here
    And we're glad to have you! Sorry I missed this earlier and welcome to SMJ!
    05 CRF450XSM

Hello
    I am Lenlie from Manila, Philippines. I own a 06 Husqvarna SMR 450.
    Kudos to a great site. More power!

Wazzup guys !!
    Peter from northern jersey here, I just got myself a drz 400 sm F...ing good bike. 2 years under my belt, coming off a triumph 675.....after i crashed it i thought it was time for a change.

Default Hi

Hi All,
    My name is Rob,I live in South Africa and just got my first road bike, a 2010 DRZ 400SM. I am 47, so feel a bit old to be riding a SM, but only ridden off road bikes all my life and now my knee is shot so have to give the off road riding up. The only road bike that interests me is a SM. Really enjoying riding my DRZ, a perfect fun bike and loving the road wheels. Only mod so far is a Yoshi exhaust.
    Thanks for great web site !
    Cheers

Welcome to SMJ SanLen, Moto Monster and RobK!
    05 CRF450XSM

Thank you 450XSM!

Quote Originally Posted by SanLen View Post
    Thank you 450XSM!
    You are welcome Lenlie. We'd love to see your bike, post up some pics of your Husky here!
    Last edited by 450XSM; 06-01-2010 at 11:32 AM.
    05 CRF450XSM

Hey everyone.
    Been riding for several years now. Prev bikes were a 03 monster 750. Still have 03 r6. Just got my first sm 08 drz400 with the usual mods. I'm from Connecticut.
    play xbox- DEAD1fromhell

Welcome to SMJ motomarco!
    05 CRF450XSM

Default the new kid on the block

Hey guys great site I live in New Zealand even more down under from Australia , I ride manly Dual Purpose Adventure Trails and Enduro ,
    But after fitting 17" to the 525 exc am going whole hog on SMR conversion .
    Work in at the high end of Engineering CNC and Fab so my own expectations of what my Tard will look like when finished is very high .
    I have 3 months to complete her for a race at a street Race lol.
    Have just purchased another bike to keep me racing for the interim period.
    When i am in my garage i get the Fear for there is a complete road going KTM 525 in here somewhere .
    What is funny i was only ment to replace the intake valves (then i just stripped the bike) its a on going joke with my bike mates.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Welcome to SMJ Panther. Thanks for the great intro and pics!
    05 CRF450XSM

Default New to SuperMoto IRE

Hi guys,
    My name is Colm. I am from Ireland and when I was riding my fat boy in the states around TN and NC in March I bumped in to a few guys on super motos in Deals Gap NC who told me about this site. I just bought a 2008 SXV550 recently and am really enjoying it on the back roads of west Cork in Ireland. My other bikes are an 2005 Apprillia RSV 1000 R Factory and an 2005 Harley Fat Boy which I keep in the states and hope to get there much more often to do some riding. My next trip states side is planned for Sept to Vegas. This site looks really cool and I am looking forward to using it. I will have loads of questions on how to trick up my SXV for a big guy..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    SXV550

to SMJ Colm and thanks for the great intro and pics!

We can always use more international players in the Riding Challenge Game. Check it out here http://www.supermotojunkie.com/showthread.php?t=97920 . Have fun here on SMJ!
    Last edited by 450XSM; 06-17-2010 at 07:53 PM.
    05 CRF450XSM

Quote Originally Posted by FatSailor View Post
    Hi guys,
    My name is Colm. I am from Ireland and when I was riding my fat boy in the states around TN and NC in March I bumped in to a few guys on super motos in Deals Gap NC who told me about this site. I just bought a 2008 SXV550 recently and am really enjoying it on the back roads of west Cork in Ireland. My other bikes are an 2005 Apprillia RSV 1000 R Factory and an 2005 Harley Fat Boy which I keep in the states and hope to get there much more often to do some riding. My next trip states side is planned for Sept to Vegas. This site looks really cool and I am looking forward to using it. I will have loads of questions on how to trick up my SXV for a big guy..
    Welcome to SMJ!
    Thats a nice looking RSV and SXV!
    01 Suzuki TL1000R undergoing mods!
    07 Aprilia SXV 4.5

Quote Originally Posted by johnniefox View Post
    I'm Johnnie, from Kilkenny in ireland. I'm currently converting my '03 CRF450R into a road legal SM. I've been riding bikes 17years. I'm 34 now. I've owned quiet a few bikes through the years, around 27 or 28 mostly sprts bikes. I at the moment have a ZX7R, HORNET 6, ZXR750H2, GS750, GPZ1100B2. I raced an FZR600R for a few sessions short circiut, I'm looking to do a few track days on the SM when I have it sorted. I'll be busy with the search button on this site for a while first
    Hi Jonnie, Colm here from Cork....Just new to this forum so don't know if this is the way to reply to your post or not.
    I have recently purchased an Aprillia sxv550 sm and am enjoying the craic on it around west cork. Is there track days in Modello for SM? I need to trick mine up a bit first to haul my fat ass around properly !!1
    SXV550

to SMJ Jonnie!
    05 CRF450XSM

Default hi supermoto fans from over the world

hi gys my name is Filip from Macedonia.What can i say i love supermoto,my first sm was a derbi senda 125,it wasnt a real sm but nice thing to started,then i had mt03, ducati 695,now i drive Megelli motorad 125,converted to 150cc custom exhaust ,sprint air filter ,cuastom intake mainfold ,cuastom exhaust mainfold,larger conti sport atack tires 110 70 r17 front and 150 60 r17 rear.Now the bike is awesom to ride and do about 130km/h hi .My next bike will be definitivly housqurna 61o sm.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6catvuNrbU
    Last edited by filipmegelli; 06-21-2010 at 09:42 AM.

I thought you were going to go up the stairs leading into the parking lot when your camera man swung around the first time. Any of your other videos show that?

Welcome to SMJ Filip!
    05 CRF450XSM

if i tried that maybe i will go to stairs to haven hahah,im so new in riding i do have couple of tricks ,infact while im writing this im waiting this week to and of, 4 weeks a go i hurt my leg so now im in plaster,a fall of from my megelli.In the video the bike isnt 150cc yet it si a 125cc
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1qDO...eature=related
    Last edited by filipmegelli; 06-22-2010 at 03:21 AM.

Hi my names Aaron, i live in the UK england, i havent actually got a bike yet but ive done my cbt and im looking for my first bike, i joined this grioup to ask some important questions about bikes etc, i love supermotos and ride them quite alot on my friends farm, racing, ive done some road riding on a friends bike, im looking to buy an aprillia mx 125 soon, but i would love a drz 400 sm but not until i can do my full bike test :( thats all

to SMJ Aaron!
    05 CRF450XSM

Default Thomas

Hi Everybody , I am TOM. I got my KTM two weeks ago and i started look around for a good forum in order to find more for sm in my area. The thing is that i found a perfect one.

Regards,

Thomas

to SMJ Thomas!
    05 CRF450XSM

Default Thinking about buying a 2006 Husqvarna sm510

I'm thinking about buying a 2006 Husqvarna sm510. What I want to know is should I buy it & any issues about the bike before I buy it. Thank you very much & I hope I get some responses.

Quote Originally Posted by Dansr1 View Post
    I'm thinking about buying a 2006 Husqvarna sm510. What I want to know is should I buy it & any issues about the bike before I buy it. Thank you very much & I hope I get some responses.
    Welcome to SMJ Dansr1! Cruise the Husky section in the Manufacturer Forum here http://www.supermotojunkie.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36 and you will find plenty of info on these specific bikes and there is also a good chance this has been asked/answered before. If you can't find it that way use the search button in the same forum to find pages related to specific keywords/topics you choose. If you still come up short, feel free to start a new thread that asks the guys who have those specific bikes what they think and you're going to get more responses than you would here. Good luck and have FUN!
    05 CRF450XSM

Hi guys, I'm Leon and I'm from Argentina.
    My brand new Honda NX4 made a HighSide last weekend after my rear tire blown up, so I'm off duty for the next 5 weeks 'cause of a broken elbow. As my tire is wasted, I'm planning to SM the Honda. I've ordered 2 17" alu rings, a Wirtz handlebar and I'm thinking on a pair of Pirelli's MT90 (?) so I can still move it thru the hard routes we have here.
    So well I guess you will see me here making silly questions.
    Last edited by Dexter2811; 07-02-2010 at 04:35 AM.

Hey all, my name is Mike and im new to this site as well as supermoto. I just turned 34 and bought my first SM bike. Ive been riding since I was 6 (mostly off-road). I recently sold my CR250 since all my friends quit riding or were sick of getting broken up too much in the dirt. It seems they all bought Harleys but i wanted something I would feel at home on so I bought a KTM690 SM, sold my Yamaha R1 and bought a Polaris RZR so i could still play in the dirt when I felt the need. The only problem I have is that I cant seem to find anyone to ride with in the Chicago area. Everyone seems to have cruisers and its no fun to tag along with them on this bike.

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter2811 View Post
    So well I guess you will see me here making silly questions.
    We're all about silly questions, they give us the opportunity to fling silly answers into cyberspace! Welcome to SMJ Leon!
    05 CRF450XSM

Quote Originally Posted by RZRMIKE1976 View Post
    Everyone seems to have cruisers and its no fun to tag along with them on this bike.
    Must... find... SM... riders... in... Chicago!!! Did a search for you brother, click here (link not working)
    Welcome to SMJ Mike!
    Last edited by 450XSM; 07-13-2010 at 12:19 PM.
    05 CRF450XSM

Quote Originally Posted by 450XSM View Post
    Must... find... SM... riders... in... Chicago!!! Did a search for you brother, click here http://www.supermotojunkie.com/searc...archid=2313562
    Welcome to SMJ Mike!
    Thanks for the info but it said no matches when I clicked the link.

Advertisement
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast