New or Prospective Members Please Read This First - Page 4
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: New or Prospective Members Please Read This First

Yeah, it worked at first but gives me the same thing now. Go to the Local Ride Alert section http://www.supermotojunkie.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5 and click on the Search this Forum button on the top right hand of the page and enter in Chicago (or any other key words you would like) and it will show you a bunch of stuff to cruise through.
    Last edited by 450XSM; 07-13-2010 at 11:21 AM.
    05 CRF450XSM
    09 KTM 690SMC (Gone but not forgotten)

I feel the need for liberation through acceleration.

Advertisement

I'm Chris most people know me as Sonik. I've been riden trails for 20 years, racing Desert for 10. I have wanted to own a Motard since I saw my first one in downtown Portland in 1999 ripping up Front St. 2 days ago It finally happened and I now own my first SM, a 2009 610sm Husky... I am in love. Never should have waited. Now I'm looking for a club so I can gain as much knowledge as I can....

Welcome to SMJ Chris!
    Last edited by 450XSM; 07-20-2010 at 09:03 AM.
    05 CRF450XSM

Congrats dude!
    08 DRZ 400SM, 3x3, James Dean Jet Kit, BMC filter, FMF Titainum 4 exhaust,

Default New

I just made a profile on SMJ, I've seen it around but try to spend my time on the streets not the pc. I've been riding motocross for about 7 years and raced offroad amature with mates that quad the Baja 1000... and win. I've been on a 08 Husqvarna 610SM with minor modifications, but am having trouble finding aftermarket parts so I figured this would be the place to find out if anyone knew of companies fabricating parts for Husky's.

Daniel

Welcome to SMJ Daniel.
    01 Suzuki TL1000R undergoing mods!
    07 Aprilia SXV 4.5

Thanks mate let me know if you ever drop into NM

Ok, we all know the pipe on the Katoom 690 SMC is a furnace and makes wives (girl friends) freak out and run around in circles shouting *^*(&%$#^ a lot if they happen to touch it hopping off from a quick run to a diner. Most of the pipes I see are even longer than the stock furnace. I'd like to find a shorter slip on with a carbon fiber tip to shead heat. Then of course their might be a need for a remap. Is that really necessary with keeping the temparature sensor in the header pipe?

Default Need a pipe Katoom 690 SMC

Ok, we all know the pipe on the Katoom 690 SMC is a furnace and makes wives (girl friends) freak out and run around in circles shouting *^*(&%$#^ a lot if they happen to touch it hopping off from a quick run to a diner. Most of the pipes I see are even longer than the stock furnace. I'd like to find a shorter slip on with a carbon fiber tip to shead heat. Then of course their might be a need for a remap. Is that really necessary with keeping the temparature sensor in the header pipe?

Default Hi From Peterborough England...

Hi everyone, im Dave and ive just gor myself a Honda XR650R.
    Its my 1st supermoto, What do you all think???
    Attached Images Attached Images
    TheDogFather

Looks slick! Welcome to SMJ
    2009 KTM 690 SMC
    1986 Yamaha Radian YX600 (Sold)
    1986 Yamaha DT200 (Sold)

Quote Originally Posted by TheDogFather View Post
    Hi everyone, im Dave and ive just gor myself a Honda XR650R.
    Its my 1st supermoto, What do you all think???
    Looks good !

Welcome to SMJ!
    07 Aprilia SXV 4.5

Nice bike, the tires look mean!
    08 DRZ 400SM, 3x3, James Dean Jet Kit, BMC filter, FMF Titainum 4 exhaust,

hi everyone. my name is Juan(probably the only Dominican you'd ever meet riding a SM lol)
    i currently in the navy, serving in japan. born in Dom. Republic, raised in NYC.
    i have been riding about 3 years. had a kawasaki Eliminator for about 5 months, but wasnt comfortable. bought a DR-Z400SM and have been in love with Motards ever since. i dont i could ride anything else. so i bought the bike had it for a little over a year and (T_T) it was stolen and NOW i will be going back to the states(san diego) and i am looking for another DRZ or a Husqvarna SM.
    this used to be my old bike looks good with the rain drops dripping from it.
    looking forward to being on this site often and learning from everyone(i am actually a Car guy drift is my life) but driving without AC gets old sometimes, and riding freely is fun. nice to meet all of you, and hopefully someone can help me out in finding another SM.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by polo3men2; 08-08-2010 at 05:36 AM.

G'day, I'm Steve and live in Bondi Beach, Australia. originally a California/Vegas kid, I raced go karts and rode dirt bikes as a kid. Always had an adrenalin crave. Went sailing as a job and travelled the world so no dirt bikes or racing for many years. Met a great lady in Sydney, bought house, had kid etc. My son wasn't overly keen on sailing but got hooked on bikes. I got him in a club and we eventually raced together when he became a senior. Now 22 and found girls, partying, etc and stopped riding. I'm 54 and told my wife I am only stopping when I decide. I stopped the MX and not so much trail riding these days but got hooked on dirt track, (preditable track, no jumps, no standing, no backward dropping gates etc). Now started doing SM on my trusty 2000 DRZ400E. Stopped road riding because I want to only ride flat chat not within any limits. New to SM but looking forward to some racing. I have 3 goals with racing..1) have fun, 2) don't be last, (OK at my age so not so important 3) drive home at the end of the day, (see OK to be last). Looking forward to the forum and info you guys are happy to share. Cheers!

Welcome to SMJ guys!
    05 CRF450XSM

Hey Steve I just got back from Australia I was studying abroad there for 6 months. Bondi is a sick beach! I've been in your son's shoes now for a while, tell him that anyone can drink not everyone can late apex a turn around a 1000cc crotch rocket. Besides girls love riders not whiskey dick.
    Daniel
    Husqvarna SM 610
    Yamaha YZ450F

Thanks Daniel...Bondi is good, but crowded streets and tricky to park my enclosed trailer down the driveway. A trade off being at the beach in summer to cool off after riding in the heat! I'll work on the grand kids when he has some and get them into riding!

Default Here in CT.........

Hey everyone. I'm Bill from CT. Just bought a 07 Crf 450r which I plan to sumo out! Ever since I saw Ryan Moore's video I've been tryin' to get a sumo for a while now and I just had the opportunity to get one, now I'm gonna try to sumo & reg. it for the street. Here we go......

to SMJ!
    05 CRF450XSM

Default New In WA

Just sayin Hi, a new convert from WA to supermoto, converting my 09 TE510 over, love the information I am finding here.

Quote Originally Posted by wjm78crf08 View Post
    Hey everyone. I'm Bill from CT. Just bought a 07 Crf 450r which I plan to sumo out! Ever since I saw Ryan Moore's video I've been tryin' to get a sumo for a while now and I just had the opportunity to get one, now I'm gonna try to sumo & reg. it for the street. Here we go......
    Just north of stafford,hellow !

to SMJ guys!
    05 CRF450XSM

Default hi

hi my name is chris from coventry england have a vertemati 570s witch is great and a ktm exc 200 nipper i carnt seam to upload photos of my lovey verty dont no wot i am doing wrong advice would be great many thanks wilbo

Good on ya for wanting to post them! The most effective way is to:

• Download your properly sized pics into Photobucket
    (If you don't have an account they are free to open up)
    • Copy the img code for the pic you want to post from Photobucket
    • In the "Reply to Thread" window click on the "Insert Image" icon
    (Second row of icons - fourth from the right end)
    • Copy/paste the img code of the photo in the URL space provided and click OK
    • Click on "Preview Post" to see if it shows up
    • If it does click on "Submit Reply"

Good luck, have fun here and welcome to SMJ!
    05 CRF450XSM

Smile Hello everybody

Hello everybody, I just wanted to introduce myself. My husband and I live in Oklahoma for 11 years now. Originally we are from Germany. Last year I got back into rinding and ought a Suzuki DRZ 400 SM and loved it. This year I upgraded to a little bit more power and bought myself my dream bike a KTM Duke 690, I luuuuv it. I would like to customize it a little and thought about a fender eliminator and a bit more comfortable seat to start with. Does somebody has experience with this?

No experience with the Duke but welcome to SMJ!
    05 CRF450XSM

Quote Originally Posted by wjm78crf08 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mdw98201 View Post
    Just sayin Hi, a new convert from WA to supermoto, converting my 09 TE510 over, love the information I am finding here.
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbo View Post
    hi my name is chris from coventry england have a vertemati 570s witch is great and a ktm exc 200 nipper i carnt seam to upload photos of my lovey verty dont no wot i am doing wrong advice would be great many thanks wilbo
    Quote Originally Posted by bondgirl918 View Post
    Hello everybody, I just wanted to introduce myself. My husband and I live in Oklahoma for 11 years now. Originally we are from Germany. Last year I got back into rinding and ought a Suzuki DRZ 400 SM and loved it. This year I upgraded to a little bit more power and bought myself my dream bike a KTM Duke 690, I luuuuv it. I would like to customize it a little and thought about a fender eliminator and a bit more comfortable seat to start with. Does somebody has experience with this?
    Welcome to SMJ Everyone!
    07 Aprilia SXV 4.5

Default Living the dream in AK

Hey everyone, My name is Nic. 30yrs old. I may have had an account on here a few years back but could not remember. I am living in Anchorage, AK in between multiple trips overseas. I have been riding since I was 10. Started on dirt with quads and bikes then got in to street at 19. Rode a 954RR for a few years, then a 1000RR. In 2006 I bought a 05' DRZ400SM. Did some mods to it, airbox, filter, jet kit, yosh pipe, handlebars, pretty basic stuff since all my time and money was going toward my 1000RR. Sold that when I moved to AK since the roads suck and now I am a dedicated SMJunkie. I am addicted to MotoGP still, but I am looking to start something or find an existing group of SM riders in AK. Riding alone sucks so I hope to meet some new folks here. Thanks for reading.

to SMJ Nic!
    05 CRF450XSM

Welcome to SMJ Nic!
    07 Aprilia SXV 4.5

Default oops was i supposed to read this first? LOL

Nice intro. Makes me feel welcome. I am not a newb to forums but never hurts to remind new members of the rules. "Search the posts before leaving another 'same old' question" never seems to sink in... LOL

So... what's the best exhaust system to use? (kidding)

All hail Lord Slaygon!

And... to SMJ!
    05 CRF450XSM

Default Hii

Hi, my names Josh. Live in uk...just got a dt 125x...loving it! Hello to everyone!

Welcome to SMJ Josh!
    05 CRF450XSM

Hi, my name is Ana, I live in Guatemala city and currently own a Kawasaki KLX250SM, love it! I used to own a YZ426 in witch we made some major alterations and converted it, into a super moto bike, but was still too big for me, anyways if you have a girlfriend who wants to start riding I would definetly recommend this bike.

Take care, ride safe

Welcome to SMJ Ana!
    05 CRF450XSM

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt-Syphilis View Post
    Hi, my names Josh. Live in uk...just got a dt 125x...loving it! Hello to everyone!
    Welcome to SMJ Josh!

Quote Originally Posted by gavale View Post
    Hi, my name is Ana, I live in Guatemala city and currently own a Kawasaki KLX250SM, love it! I used to own a YZ426 in witch we made some major alterations and converted it, into a super moto bike, but was still too big for me, anyways if you have a girlfriend who wants to start riding I would definetly recommend this bike.

Take care, ride safe
    Welcome to SMJ Ana!
    07 Aprilia SXV 4.5

Default hello from hawaii

wats up blackrage from hawaii gxsr 750
    Quote Originally Posted by 450XSM View Post
    Welcome to SMJ, we are more than happy to have the opportunity to further infect you with the Supermoto Virus!

But first..., this section of the forum is typically the best place for your first post and is specifically for you to introduce yourself to the rest of the membership and perhaps tell us a little about yourself if you would like to do so. Feel free to give us the same kind of info you would introduce yourself to any new group with. Remember we are an international group and enjoy learning where you live, your riding background and/or what brought you to either own (or be intersted in) supermotos.

Remember, this spot is for your introduction and NOT the best place for your first questions, we have just met you. Our interest in this section is to see who you are, where you are from and find out a little about you since you have just joined our community. There are plenty of different specific sections in the forum that are vastly more appropriate for your questions and they will get more attention there .

Chances are also pretty good that your first questions may have been covered before as well. Please take the time to do some research on your specific concerns by simply trolling (or cruising) different forums that interest you to see if they have previously been or are currently being discussed.
    You can also do more specific research by employing the SEARCH BUTTON underneath the header banner at the top of the page. Enter key words for whatever interests you (i.e. "Best Street Tard", "", "megan fox' , "street-legal requirements", etc.) and you are more than likely to get several pages of information to sate your curiosity.

Now that we have been introduced and you have done some preliminary reasearch, feel free to fire away with questions, comments, concerns, observations, ride alerts, ride reports or whatever. And always remember, every post is better if you can work in a pic. In fact, some demand them!

Hello from AZ and welcome to SMJ blackrage!
    05 CRF450XSM

Hey ya'll.

Im from Finland, Scandinavia. Right now living in Los Angles, right by the PCH as a foreign exchange student. Im 17 and I totally fell in love with supermoto street 125cc's a couple years ago. I love riding through the summer nights. Ive got Husky 125cc 2t and Yamaha wr 125cc 4t (which was a little dissapointment). When I turn 21 I will probably buy one of those Husky 510 or KTM 525. I usually spend my freetime either in my garage or at the hockey rink.

to America and SMJ!
    05 CRF450XSM

Hi, my name is Mariusz, from London, UK. Current bike is 690 smc. Previously KTM exc 520 , 525 and 530 Love orange bikes and supermoto. Thanks for a great site.

Quote Originally Posted by Söde View Post
    Hey ya'll.

Im from Finland, Scandinavia. Right now living in Los Angles, right by the PCH as a foreign exchange student. Im 17 and I totally fell in love with supermoto street 125cc's a couple years ago. I love riding through the summer nights. Ive got Husky 125cc 2t and Yamaha wr 125cc 4t (which was a little dissapointment). When I turn 21 I will probably buy one of those Husky 510 or KTM 525. I usually spend my freetime either in my garage or at the hockey rink.
    Welcome to SMJ!

Quote Originally Posted by drb View Post
    Hi, my name is Mariusz, from London, UK. Current bike is 690 smc. Previously KTM exc 520 , 525 and 530 Love orange bikes and supermoto. Thanks for a great site.
    Welcome to SMJ Mariusz!
    07 Aprilia SXV 4.5

Hey all. So I have been lurking on the site for about a month learning as much as I could and figured it was time I spoke up a little.

I picked up my Husqvarna TE 510 a couple weeks ago. After swapping out the knobbies for some sumo tires I took the bike to my first track day last weekend and had a blast. I have only been on the bike a few times and I am already addicted.

Chris

Welcome to SMJ Chris!
    07 Aprilia SXV 4.5

Addiction is what we're all about, welcome to SMJ Chris!
    05 CRF450XSM

Thumbs up hi...everybody.

Hi, I am Thailand stunt, I like stuntbike, now I ride minimoto.......KSR110.....2009

[/IMG]

to SMJ thailandstunt!
    05 CRF450XSM

Advertisement
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast