New or Prospective Members Please Read This First - Page 5
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: New or Prospective Members Please Read This First

Quote Originally Posted by thailandstunt View Post
    Hi, I am Thailand stunt, I like stuntbike, now I ride minimoto.......KSR110.....2009
    Welcome to SMJ!
    01 Suzuki TL1000R undergoing mods!
    07 Aprilia SXV 4.5

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by 450XSM View Post
    to SMJ thailandstunt!
    THANK YOU.............[IMG][/IMG]

Default I want to super moto

What is up. My name is Dozier. I ride a streetfightered 2004 Triumph Daytona 600. But I find myself having more fun riding my xr200r around the neighborhood. Something about a light and torquey single cylinder bike seems more fun than a bigger more powerful sport bike.

Quote Originally Posted by Doziermedic View Post
    What is up. My name is Dozier. I ride a streetfightered 2004 Triumph Daytona 600. But I find myself having more fun riding my xr200r around the neighborhood. Something about a light and torquey single cylinder bike seems more fun than a bigger more powerful sport bike.
    Welcome to SMJ!
    07 Aprilia SXV 4.5

Welcome to SMJ Dozier!
    05 CRF450XSM
    09 KTM 690SMC (Gone but not forgotten)

I feel the need for liberation through acceleration.

Items for Sale

Default My Name is Suzy

Now that I have joined SMJ, I read the instructions for new members and understand I should introduce myself.

My name is Suzy Moody (SuzyQ on here). In short; I have been riding since I was 12. Mostly dirtbikes (Enduro's and HS) for the first 35 yrs. I even went to the ISDE in France in 2001 on the first AMA Women's team. 2004 I started riding streetbikes a little. Before the end of the year, I did some WERA Endurance racing. Had a big time racing in WERA, on a ZX6 and a KTM 560 SMR and an Aprillia. Check my pic, that's me and the famous Ted Cobb at Tally.

No racing this year. Spent most of the time at our place at Deals Gap, riding lots and lots of fantastic back road twisties on my '03 525 Tarded Stock EXC or my Strom.

My husband and I also own CMRA (Cumberland Mountain Riders Assoc) it's a dirtbike riding area in Winchester, Tn. 17,000 acres , over 100 miles of marked trail. We normally try to get out west every year in the summer for some Colorado or Idaho dirtbiking.

Anyway, that's my intro. I know I have met a few of you over the years around The Gap, but I wanted to say howdy anyway. I look foward to seeing what is up in the SMJ world. And maybe chiming in every once in a while. Suz
    SuzyQ
    KTM 560 SMR, KTM 525 EXC SMR, KTM 525 ADV, KTM 300 EXC, Kawa ZX6, VStorm 650, '78 MR175, '73 Bultaco Alpina, '87 Honda Reflex
    CMRA Cumberland Mountain Riders Association, www.cmrariders.com

Hello friends, so i posted a few times before I introduced myself. :P
    I'm Nathan, late last year I picked up a 2007 drz400sm from Ed Lato, that some may know as CBRRat. I know him from JenningsGP. Where I got track fever in 2007. I had a 2003 cbr600rr at the time. I did trackdays about every other month there for a year and then I got licensed CCS. Bought a bike strictly for Track and raced a bit last year and 2009 (Homestead, Palm Beach IR and JenningsGP).
    I work on phone cable and I have been forced to move from Palm Beach area to Key West. Because of the cost of living and having to pay for 2 homes I can't afford to race anymore and I figured a SuMo would be great for getting around down here because the roads are so narrow and broken up and everyone is on scooters. I'm thoroughly enjoying the new ride. Ed had the bike hooked up for the track and he told me riding the DRZ on the track really helped with cornering perspective on the track so I am looking forward to some track days with this baby.
    Currently my bike is in pieces picking up a few cosmetic upgrades.
    Thanks for all the help you folks have given me when i was lurking!

Welcome to SMJ Suzy and Nathan!!

Excellent intros fom both of you, now all we need are the pics?
    Last edited by 450XSM; 01-10-2011 at 09:21 AM.
    05 CRF450XSM

Welcome to SMJ Suzy and Nathan!
    07 Aprilia SXV 4.5

hay all im Adam livin in the good old uk (south west) am new to posting on forums but need to find sum like minded peeps in to supermoto aswell. got myself a ktm690 smc just over a year ago been loving tearing round the streets but am looking to get the most out of my baby, as at the mo most is still stock and realy wanna get it changed!!

Welcome to SMJ Adam!
    05 CRF450XSM

Hey, my names Karl, from Perth, Western Australia.

I've been riding off road for about 3 years and recently got my road licence

I've got a DRZ-250 and am looking to 'upgrade' it to a supermoto/motard ASAP.

I was told to come here by a friend, to get some info, and help.

Hope its the right place

You are indeed on the right Forum! I would further direct you to the Suzuki section where they will be able to give you more information concerning your specific model.
    Click this link http://www.supermotojunkie.com/forum....php?39-Suzuki for those guys.

Have FUN here Karl and welcome to SMJ!
    05 CRF450XSM

Quote Originally Posted by 0xHiTMaNx0 View Post
    hay all im Adam livin in the good old uk (south west) am new to posting on forums but need to find sum like minded peeps in to supermoto aswell. got myself a ktm690 smc just over a year ago been loving tearing round the streets but am looking to get the most out of my baby, as at the mo most is still stock and realy wanna get it changed!!
    Welcome to SMJ Adam!
    07 Aprilia SXV 4.5

Quote Originally Posted by F18Aviator View Post
    Hey, my names Karl, from Perth, Western Australia.

I've been riding off road for about 3 years and recently got my road licence

I've got a DRZ-250 and am looking to 'upgrade' it to a supermoto/motard ASAP.

I was told to come here by a friend, to get some info, and help.

Hope its the right place
    Welcome to SMJ Karl!
    07 Aprilia SXV 4.5

I'm Preston and I am quite new to MC's and have only been ridinig for little over a year. I am a student at Texas A&M and have a DR 650. I have really enjoyed my DR and have made several backrode trips with my dad (who also owns a DR 650) to places like Big Bend National Park, TX and Ruidoso, NM. I joined this sight to learn more about SuperMoto and hope to one day put street wheels on my bike and make it into a street tard.

Welcome to SMJ Preston!
    07 Aprilia SXV 4.5

Quote Originally Posted by pcamp11 View Post
    I have really enjoyed my DR and have made several backrode trips with my dad (who also owns a DR 650) to places like Big Bend National Park, TX and Ruidoso, NM. I joined this sight to learn more about SuperMoto and hope to one day put street wheels on my bike and make it into a street tard.
    There is nothing I enjoy more than riding and sharing adventures (on or off road) with my son so I know the feeling you are talking about. I take every opportunity I can to explore the Nor-Cal roads where he moved at every opportunity I can. Our last trip together was to Yosemite National Park and it was a blast!

This is certainly the place to learn about all aspects of SM and have FUN here while you're doing it! Welcome to SMJ!
    05 CRF450XSM

Default Suoer

Hi my name's Garrett I live in Portland, Oregon, and just picked up my first SM a KTM 525EXC and am having a blast. I grew up racing Motocross and supercross, injuries forced me to give it up, but I'm back at it on the street now.

Quote Originally Posted by g_yanzick View Post
    Hi my name's Garrett I live in Portland, Oregon, and just picked up my first SM a KTM 525EXC and am having a blast. I grew up racing Motocross and supercross, injuries forced me to give it up, but I'm back at it on the street now.
    Welcome to SMJ!
    07 Aprilia SXV 4.5

Welcome to SMJ Garrett!
    05 CRF450XSM

Hey Guys, my name is Cameron. I live in southern oregon I have been riding for 21 years and currently ride a klx400sr that i am converting over to supermoto as well as setting up a 2005 trx450r to race supermoto. I work at Kawasaki & Honda of Medford. It has been in my family also for 21 years. Im new to the supermoto scene so im not to supermoto savey. I would like to find some information about how to get involved into the local race scene. I would also like to find some people to practice with at our local track in white city. Please help im ready to start setup.

Welcome to SMJ Cameron!
    07 Aprilia SXV 4.5

Cool

Hi! Im Andrew from Phila. PA. I've been riding most of my life (47 now) but never thought about a motard. Actually I didnt know they exsisted. I been riding various bikes but nothin seemed quite right. I was actually searching for a tw200 for commuting and some light adv riding when I ran accross a scooter dealer wanting to clear out some old stock. He said he had a few xf200 that he would sell for $1200. After doing some research I decided to jump in the truck and roadtrip to Pittsburg and pick one up. Its barely out of the crate and I still need to do some fine tuning but I can say I think I found what I been looking for all these years. Heres a pic of it.

Welcome to SMJ Cameron and Andrew!
    05 CRF450XSM

Welcome to SMJ Andrew!
    07 Aprilia SXV 4.5

Cool

Hey guys. New SM enthusiast here in sunny Phoenix, AZ.

Here's my bike:

(I've since taken all those stickers off. Not my doing.)

Looking forward to meeting some local SMJ hooligans and riding/learning with you guys.

Take it easy.

Vince

Welcome to SMJ Vince!

Nice SM! I haven't seen a husqvarna here yet.

Where abouts in Phoenix are you?
    Last edited by Sekon; 02-17-2011 at 07:07 PM.
    07 Aprilia SXV 4.5

I live up in North Phoenix with my roommate, another new supermotardererrerer, he has a 450EXC.

Hello, here comes another new SMJ user.
    Im Juho from Finland. I have ridden dad's old '79 Suzuki sp370 for last couple years .
    So im kind of new to this whole supermoto scene.
    Now i bought my first own bike KTM 690smc and i cant wait for the spring and snow to melt. And sorry my english isnt that great.
    '08 KTM 690 SMC

Congrats on your SMC Juho and welcome to SMJ!
    05 CRF450XSM

Quote Originally Posted by razardica View Post
    Hey guys. New SM enthusiast here in sunny Phoenix, AZ.

Looking forward to meeting some local SMJ hooligans and riding/learning with you guys.

Vince
    Quote Originally Posted by razardica View Post
    I live up in North Phoenix with my roommate, another new supermotardererrerer, he has a 450EXC.

Welcome to SMJ! I am in North Phoenix too at I-17 and Jomax. There are a few Phoenix locals here on SMJ and for sure we'd like to meet up and ride with you and your roomate! We mostly arrange our get-togethers on this local forum http://www.southwestrides.com/vbulletin/ and would love to have you guys sign on over there as well. On SWR you can find out about local group rides, bike nights, morning breakfasts and other evrnts to get to know our local riding community

Looking forward to meeting you and have fun in AZ and here on SMJ!
    Last edited by 450XSM; 02-19-2011 at 09:12 AM.
    05 CRF450XSM

Default Introduction

Hey guys!

Im from South Africa.

Havent had a SM before, but I have some experience on quads(Honda TRXs) and adventure/touring bikes(Honda Twin Africa, ktm 640 est).

Im currently doing some research before buying a SM.

I started considering a road bike for commuting purposes, but figured I might as well do it proper and get a SM. Always liked the type of bike.

Ill be scanning through some posts and will probably post a few questions as well. Hope you guys will be able to help me.

Chat to you soon!

Welcome to SMJ CowboyJake!
    05 CRF450XSM

Default Newbie!

Hey folks,

I am Keith living in the north burbs of Chicago, Libertyville to be more specific. I have been riding for about 8 yrs. I have loved any thing with a motor, especially motorcycles, for as long as I can remember. Unfortunately I was not aloud to own the toys I wanted, moms!

Since entering cycling I have been able to make up for lost time. I currently have a DR250z, 92 Ducati 750ss, 04 999s and just took ownership of a 98 yz400 with a street title. I decided I wanted a supermoto after my buddy purchased a supermoto xr650. WOW talk about unadulterated fun! What a hoot! I now need one and the yz is going to become one....

It is currently a tune-up away from running but is still in complete dirt attire. The transformation is to start ASAP, but I am hoping to take advantage of the experts here for some help getting her ready. I am not a great or a fast rider and I know my limits, and the bike will most likely never see the track, at least not in a competitive way. With that said I love to ride and enjoy the ride and a little ripping it up here and there! My goal is to just get the basic set-up and then build from there (rims and lights). The blings and things will come in time.

Thanks for letting me come along for the ride.

Cheers,
    KEITH
    Last edited by Ducati92ss; 02-22-2011 at 02:22 PM.

Welcome to SMJ Keith!
    05 CRF450XSM

Thanks for the welcome!

Default Just bought a DRZ

Haven't been on a dirt bike for years and thought it was time for my daughter (10 years old) to learn so I bought her a mini bike and a TTR 125 to follow her around. I had so much fun I went and bought a new old stock 2007 DRZ400SM in the price blow out my local dealer and Suzuki is doing to clear the show room of excess bikes. Big difference from my many years of Harleys/choppers but I'm having a blast. I just wish it would quit snowing here in the high desert!

Welcome to SMJ Rat Fink!

CA or AZ high desert?
    05 CRF450XSM

Quote Originally Posted by 450XSM View Post
    Welcome to SMJ Rat Fink!

CA or AZ high desert?
    Actually it's Sparks/Reno Nevada area!

Ahh yes, we put on a Yamaha dealer training there a couple of years ago. In fact, it was cold and a little snowy while we were there.
    05 CRF450XSM

Hi Everyone,
    Thought I'd just throw out some info on myself real quick. I'm 32, from Maine, got started as most of you did, riding dirt. Raced a little motocross, novice rider. From there I've ventured more towards superbikes. Haven't ridden much in the dirt since, but never shook the itch. Been aggressive street riding for a bunch of years and some stunt riding. I love motorcycles of all sorts, and (generally) enjoy working on them and building anything custom. Currently I own a 2008 GSXR 1000, 2005 Kawasaki 636 set-up as a stuntbike (confession: ended up being more of showstunter after the custom paint and not being dropped haha), 2004 GSXR 600, and picked up a 2006 CRF 450R street tard in the fall. I have only ridden the bike for ten miles and that's all it took. I am obsessed with building the bike up, and I have sought advice from some of you already for the vast collective knowledge found here.
    I love this forum, it is the first I've ever joined.
    '06 CRF 450R street tard / '09 Husky SM450R / CR500AF Sumo - Current
    '04 KLX110 / CR500AF MX / '08 GSXR 1000 / '03 GSXR 1000 - Current
    '06 YZ 250 / OEM CR500 Steely / '15 KTM EXC 500 - Current
    '95 CBR900RR / '99 R1 / '03 R6 / '04 GSXR600 / (2) '02 GSXR1000 / (2) '05 636 -Sold
    '70 SL125 / '85 KX80 / '90 CR125 / '97 RM125 / '01 CR250 / '02 YZ125 / '05 RMZ450 - Sold

Thumbs up New to the game!

whatsup supermoto junkies!

Im new to supermoto. I have had a handfull of sportbikes, but supermoto is another level of FUN!!! Thanks for letting me in on this community!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to SMJ rrrr1rob and drz4hundo!
    05 CRF450XSM

Welcome to SMJ everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Kusti1 View Post
    Hello, here comes another new SMJ user.
    Im Juho from Finland. I have ridden dad's old '79 Suzuki sp370 for last couple years .
    So im kind of new to this whole supermoto scene.
    Now i bought my first own bike KTM 690smc and i cant wait for the spring and snow to melt. And sorry my english isnt that great.
    Quote Originally Posted by CowboyJake View Post
    Hey guys!

Im from South Africa.

Havent had a SM before, but I have some experience on quads(Honda TRXs) and adventure/touring bikes(Honda Twin Africa, ktm 640 est).

Im currently doing some research before buying a SM.

I started considering a road bike for commuting purposes, but figured I might as well do it proper and get a SM. Always liked the type of bike.

Ill be scanning through some posts and will probably post a few questions as well. Hope you guys will be able to help me.

Chat to you soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducati92ss View Post
    Hey folks,

I am Keith living in the north burbs of Chicago, Libertyville to be more specific. I have been riding for about 8 yrs. I have loved any thing with a motor, especially motorcycles, for as long as I can remember. Unfortunately I was not aloud to own the toys I wanted, moms!

Since entering cycling I have been able to make up for lost time. I currently have a DR250z, 92 Ducati 750ss, 04 999s and just took ownership of a 98 yz400 with a street title. I decided I wanted a supermoto after my buddy purchased a supermoto xr650. WOW talk about unadulterated fun! What a hoot! I now need one and the yz is going to become one....

It is currently a tune-up away from running but is still in complete dirt attire. The transformation is to start ASAP, but I am hoping to take advantage of the experts here for some help getting her ready. I am not a great or a fast rider and I know my limits, and the bike will most likely never see the track, at least not in a competitive way. With that said I love to ride and enjoy the ride and a little ripping it up here and there! My goal is to just get the basic set-up and then build from there (rims and lights). The blings and things will come in time.

Thanks for letting me come along for the ride.

Cheers,
    KEITH
    Quote Originally Posted by Rat Fink View Post
    Haven't been on a dirt bike for years and thought it was time for my daughter (10 years old) to learn so I bought her a mini bike and a TTR 125 to follow her around. I had so much fun I went and bought a new old stock 2007 DRZ400SM in the price blow out my local dealer and Suzuki is doing to clear the show room of excess bikes. Big difference from my many years of Harleys/choppers but I'm having a blast. I just wish it would quit snowing here in the high desert!
    Quote Originally Posted by rrrr1rob View Post
    Hi Everyone,
    Thought I'd just throw out some info on myself real quick. I'm 32, from Maine, got started as most of you did, riding dirt. Raced a little motocross, novice rider. From there I've ventured more towards superbikes. Haven't ridden much in the dirt since, but never shook the itch. Been aggressive street riding for a bunch of years and some stunt riding. I love motorcycles of all sorts, and (generally) enjoy working on them and building anything custom. Currently I own a 2008 GSXR 1000, 2005 Kawasaki 636 set-up as a stuntbike (confession: ended up being more of showstunter after the custom paint and not being dropped haha), 2004 GSXR 600, and picked up a 2006 CRF 450R street tard in the fall. I have only ridden the bike for ten miles and that's all it took. I am obsessed with building the bike up, and I have sought advice from some of you already for the vast collective knowledge found here.
    I love this forum, it is the first I've ever joined.
    Quote Originally Posted by drz4hundo View Post
    whatsup supermoto junkies!

Im new to supermoto. I have had a handfull of sportbikes, but supermoto is another level of FUN!!! Thanks for letting me in on this community!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    07 Aprilia SXV 4.5

Default Decimo31

Hey everybody. I have always love the look style and versatility of super motos. I have been feigning to get a motorcycle every since i was a teenager. Now that I am almost at the point of purchase, I am becoming more and more anxious. I have travel around the world. Lived in a few different countries. I now reside in Atlanta, Ga. There is a lot of country out here that is calling my name. I have so many questions to ask and dont know where to start

Welcome to SMJ!
    05 CRF450XSM

Quote Originally Posted by Decimo31 View Post
    Hey everybody. I have always love the look style and versatility of super motos. I have been feigning to get a motorcycle every since i was a teenager. Now that I am almost at the point of purchase, I am becoming more and more anxious. I have travel around the world. Lived in a few different countries. I now reside in Atlanta, Ga. There is a lot of country out here that is calling my name. I have so many questions to ask and dont know where to start
    Welcome to SMJ!
    07 Aprilia SXV 4.5

what up guys! I live out here in southern california where 40 degrees is freezing to us! Already been doin some lurking and searching here. love how patient and helpful everyone is here with us newbies ha. ill have tons of questions once i pick up my new ride

hopefully gonna pick up a 09 drz400sm in the next week or so!

Good luck with the bike hunt and welcome to SMJ!
    05 CRF450XSM

Advertisement
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast