SuperMoto Junkie banner

Are they any good

16K views 37 replies 26 participants last post by  sco 
#1 ·
I was just wondering if they were any good because i might get one. DO you recomend one :arsenal

#27 ·
We are a Gas Gas dealer in santa rosa ca. They are great bikes. i ride 450 enduro 06 model. Parked the ktm 620. I'm happy to help anyone that needs it. Let me know what your looking for. We are racing 200,and 2 300 enduros in district 36. we stock allmost all the gaskets, levers and service parts 05 and up motomeccanica.com

#28 ·
motomeccanica said:
We are a Gas Gas dealer in santa rosa ca. They are great bikes. i ride 450 enduro 06 model. Parked the ktm 620. I'm happy to help anyone that needs it. Let me know what your looking for. We are racing 200,and 2 300 enduros in district 36. we stock allmost all the gaskets, levers and service parts 05 and up motomeccanica.com

Do you have a link/specs for valve adjustments on a '04 450 SM?
My bro in law has one and it is due.

Thanks,

Steve

#33 ·
Kaarel said:
I think I will purchase myself a 03 gasgas fse450sm. I like the idea that it comes with Öhlins already in stock and that kicks ass. But what about it, should I go for it and buy it or maybe a DRZ or a Husky?

You will get a lot of different opinions to that question. The DRZ is stone reliable, the Husky's make you want to have "sexy time" (use your best Borat voice) in the garage. The GasGas seems to be a really good bike also. My brother in law flogs his daily and it has been great so far. For comparison, he and a guy with a piped and jetted DRZ rode the other day. Power wise it is pretty close.

#35 ·
I have an 03 fse450 non SM. All the problems that you will hear about have been fixed on mine, and it runs like a bat out of hell. I've had it for about 6 months, and it's great! I love it. I don't have the ohlins fork, but I'm a freeride mountain biker so I trust and love marzocchi from my bicycle experience. I'm trying to get SM rims. But I'm a little short on money at the moment. I know this is an SM forum, but sometimes runnin a 21'' 70/30 tire will let you dominate more then you think. Plus you can run over pretty much whatever you want like dogs, small children, flowerbeds.... I'm just kidding, of course I'd never drive through anybody's flowers.

The reason I like it is that it's different. With the internet parts, aren't that big of a problem. Gas Gas has the online sevice manuals, which you can give to any mechanic if you don't want to do the work yourself. There are a lot more DRZ's on the road then there ever will be GasGases, so to me that makes them cool. Plus I got mine cheaper then a DRZ. And like turbo510 said the only way a drz can keep up is if it's piped and jetted so you have to figure that into the cost as well. Honestly I'd probably choose which ever looks best to you, and which ever you get the best deal on. Good luck either way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.