Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Supermoto Stunt Build

Default Supermoto Stunt Build

im building a WR450 in to a supermoto stunt bike & im not having much luck with the build. im trying to run a WRX FTi dual caliper hand brake & its just not working for me

the X runs a 230mm disk & im not able to find one, then the X run 5mm bolts and the WRF runs 6mm bolts, so ill just have to drill the disk if i can get one. ive only just ordered the 17s so they will be a while befor they gat here, im waiting on some stunt pegs that where held by customs for 10 days before passing them onto aust post, who now have a heap of staff on strike, so mail is not moving much

the WRF axel is 0.2mm larger than the X, got that sorterd today

then there is heaps of clearences issues with the FTi bracket, so that going to take a fair bit of machining, the custom bike shop i use closed today for 3 weeks

then i have not started to think about making the subframe, i want to run stunt pegs with possible 12 bar with stock plastics, its going to take a bit to sort that out, but im not going to start that till the get the wheels fited and hand brake working

im thinking i wish i did not buy so 17s for the WRF and just traded it o a X and spent the $1g on performence parts, then just bolted up some stunt parts, no custom parts needed.............
    Motard Street Style

My understanding of it is that you have to custom the exhaust to undertail... see below:

http://supermotojunkie.com/showthrea...t=70590&page=2

Quote Originally Posted by rieguy187 View Post
    wrx rear pegs by ESD

thats the wr250x. completely different bike than the wr450 he is building. i dont think its too late man you can just sell your wr450 and sell the 17s and you will already have some parts for the wr250x.
    WR250X

Just stick with the build and you will have a sick bike in the long run, wrx is fun, but not a 450. They are slow and spongy soft suspension, that wr has mad power! You might be able to run an adapter style handbrake with supermoto rear caliper, its not as crazy strong as the dual caliper, but works pretty good. Subframe shouldnt be to hard to build. Keep at it, and you will solve all the problems and get it built. At least you know how to build it, thats that hardest part.

Quote Originally Posted by jordanv3122 View Post
    thats the wr250x. completely different bike than the wr450 he is building. i dont think its too late man you can just sell your wr450 and sell the 17s and you will already have some parts for the wr250x.
    Oh my bad... I still think you have to bend the exhaust underneath the tail and have a custom subframe though right?

maybe lol i dont know anything about the 450 i just figured you were thinking of the 2fiddy haha. the wr450 is somewhere in between wr250x and the yz450f when it comes to service intervals right? would you say closer to wr250x or the yz?
    WR250X

if the wr450 was fuel injected it would be insane. i was just lookin at it on yamahas site. cool bike though.
    WR250X

the reason im doin a WR450 is that there street legal from the dealer over here, and a few minor things like electric start, wide ratio gear box, larger fuel tank, larger radiators, bullet proff motor, holds more oil than yz..........

yeah it will be sweet once i get it built, just nothing seams to be working atm

once i get it all sorted and im happy with it im thinking bout fuel injecting it, dont know yet, it would be sweet to have like a fully stunt ready WR450X
    Motard Street Style

Quote Originally Posted by mxsam34 View Post
    the reason im doin a WR450 is that there street legal from the dealer over here, and a few minor things like electric start, wide ratio gear box, larger fuel tank, larger radiators, bullet proff motor, holds more oil than yz..........

yeah it will be sweet once i get it built, just nothing seams to be working atm

once i get it all sorted and im happy with it im thinking bout fuel injecting it, dont know yet, it would be sweet to have like a fully stunt ready WR450X

Fuel Injection is over rated IMO, my CRF is stock carb and runs like a tractor, If I need to change fuel ratios, I just need a screwdriver and jets, not laptop, powercomander, or whatever super expensive equipment is needed. My aprilia was fuel injuected and I had to sell it cuz it wouldn't run when I popped it up into a circle, and I had no way to fix it without a computer lab, the dealer couldn't even fix it! I hope I don't have problems like that with the WR, seems to run pretty good so far.

It took me a long time to get my CRF450X to a point where it was fun to stunt on. Sorting the handbrake out was hard. This was way before Full throttle came out with the dual caliper setup. But that not nearly as time consuming as figuring out the perfect spot to place the rear pegs. I did lots and lots of welding and grinding. It looked like crap but it worked.

Oh yah, and like ryan said, I never had a problem with the carb except for fuel coming out of the overflow at certain angles. All i did was get the JD jet kit.

If i had to make a stunt only motard all over again, i'd stick with a CRF-R or YZ type race bike. The subframes are much easier to do custom fab work on.
    Last edited by solidjohnny; 12-21-2009 at 03:58 PM.
    The streets are dead cuz I fkn killed it.
    2007 & 2009 CRF50F(sold)...2006 CRF450X supermoto - sold... 2005 KLX110 (sold)... 2006 RM250 supermoto (sold) ... 2001 GSXR1000 - blew the motor...2003 GSXR600 in repair for 4 years... 2004 CBR600RR full stunt...KLX110L - my new pride and joy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Moore View Post
    Fuel Injection is over rated IMO, my CRF is stock carb and runs like a tractor, If I need to change fuel ratios, I just need a screwdriver and jets, not laptop, powercomander, or whatever super expensive equipment is needed. My aprilia was fuel injuected and I had to sell it cuz it wouldn't run when I popped it up into a circle, and I had no way to fix it without a computer lab, the dealer couldn't even fix it! I hope I don't have problems like that with the WR, seems to run pretty good so far.
    You'll never have a problem with the WR250X, that sucker will practically run upside down!! there was one time last summer when I spun some fast circles for a long time on it, like 3 or 4 minutes straight until I was so dizzy I couldn't walk, I noticed a little bit of oil came out of the overflow tube, not too much, I think it was from the continues centrifugal force that forced the oil up and out of the tube, cause I've tried and tried and never been able to do it again (spin that fast that long or get the oil up and out in any kind of circle, lol). I love that bike! I'm spoiled on fuel injection now, it's smooth!

did 5 mins work on the build today, mounted the hand brake again to try sort out the disk bolts clearences issues and mounted the short front fender, kinda looks funny with the dirt wheels on......

Motard Street Style

That bike is gonna be so sick!!!

That looks sick man... I may steal some of your ideas for my yz...

Question: Although not directly stunt related...

If I have a 08 yz450f with 48mm forks that are already factory connection setup for motocross...

Can I buy any yz450f forks that are 48mm (04-05-06-07)
    Then get them set up with stiffer springs for street so I can swap back and forth from street to dirt without having to buy a 08 set? (I know the brake mount is different)

this build is doing my head in

the post office sent some parts back to the usa for no reason, they cleared customs and they put them on a boat back there & no one can tell me why or when they will get there, could be over a month, ive been waiting for a month for them already.....

i got my 17's today and the spacers dont fit

the rear axel is 3mm smaller than the hole in the spacer, & the front spacer needs to be 8mm longer........

Motard Street Style

sorry about the shitty luck. gona be sick when you are done though
    WR250X

ryan makes some good parts!

Motard Street Style

Dont worrie man keep at!!!!! what your goin though is nothing like what i went though

I had to completely gutt my CFR450 out

All im waiting for now is my subframe from Ryan so i can fab up my exhaust

I Know my bike now like the back of my hand now!!!!
    Last edited by KINGjafeJOE; 02-09-2010 at 09:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KINGjafeJOE View Post
    Dont worrie man keep at!!!!! what your goin though is nothing like what i went though

I had to completely gutt my CFR450 out

All im waiting for now is my subframe from Ryan so i can fab up my exhaust

I Know my bike now like the back of my hand now!!!!
    Your not going to run the stock pipe?? let me know, I am macnining the last parts right now, the spacers for the right peg, if you don't need them, i can close this box and get it outta here.

You the Man Ryan....I dont need the spacers for now but i will still like to get them(I Have two stock pipes im gonna fab one of them)

Items for Sale

bike looks like its coming along well! Can't wait to see the final product.

Gettin there! just very very slow....

Motard Street Style

bike looks good. what kind of mazda do you have?? not to get off topic or anything lol
    WR250X

not my car, i just sold my ute, put a heap of crap in storage & moved into a unit in the city, getting ready for a 6 month Europe/USA holiday
    Motard Street Style

hell yeah!! That bike is lookin super sick! just need a foot bar and stunt pegs next.

hell yeah!! That bike is lookin super sick! just need a foot bar and stunt pegs next.
    sure do! the caliper bracket is at the shop gettin some work done, then ive got to shave a bit of the foot pegs, then the subframe, i dont know what to do about that tho, a 12 bar or a foot bar, either way ill need a steel sub frame made to thake the stunt pegs...
    Motard Street Style

sure do! the caliper bracket is at the shop gettin some work done, then ive got to shave a bit of the foot pegs, then the subframe, i dont know what to do about that tho, a 12 bar or a foot bar, either way ill need a steel sub frame made to thake the stunt pegs...
    I used a rounded scrape plate and love it, works great for double foot in bar action, and holds up to some scrapes. round bar is hard to get both feet in. just keep it short, 3 inches shorter than the rear fender minimum, mine is at 4 inches. keeps it from bending the shorter it is. what year is your bike again? I have another cutomer that wants a sub for a 2006 yz450.

I used a rounded scrape plate and love it, works great for double foot in bar action, and holds up to some scrapes. round bar is hard to get both feet in. just keep it short, 3 inches shorter than the rear fender minimum, mine is at 4 inches. keeps it from bending the shorter it is. what year is your bike again? I have another cutomer that wants a sub for a 2006 yz450.
    2009 WR450, you should see if ya can get one in ya shop & make a sub frame for me, ill pay right now!
    Motard Street Style

2009 WR450, you should see if ya can get one in ya shop & make a sub frame for me, ill pay right now!
    I wish I could buy one and build it, your bike has me mad jealous!! that bike is sick lookin! gotta keep riding my 6 year old clapper, LOL.

ON that WR250 with the '04' on the side of it, it has the passenger stunt pegs mount to a pipe, can you tell me the diameter of this pipe?
    http://www.myspace.com/aurorasnowband

05 Husaberg FS650E
    02 YZ250
    Trackday Counter: 8 / Crash Counter: 2

Quote Originally Posted by hey Johnny Park View Post
    ON that WR250 with the '04' on the side of it, it has the passenger stunt pegs mount to a pipe, can you tell me the diameter of this pipe?
    i do believe that is the subframe you are referring to. search wr250x subframe and maybe something will come up
    WR250X

If you have a micrometer you can measure it very easily, I am just wanting to see if those pegs will go on the 2005 husaberg.
    http://www.myspace.com/aurorasnowband

05 Husaberg FS650E
    02 YZ250
    Trackday Counter: 8 / Crash Counter: 2

thats sick, awr450 motard stunter would be lots of fun.
    www.STRICTLYSTUNT.com.... www.stuntbums.com
    user name - INSANECRAZZY / Brandon L- on S.L. & S.R.
    my NASTY 2008 WR250X Stunt Bike Build (winter 10/11) Lots of Pics!!! http://www.supermotojunkie.com/showt...!!!&highlight=

Items for Sale

hows that bad boy coming along? has it seen any action yet?

Quote Originally Posted by rieguy187 View Post
    hows that bad boy coming along? has it seen any action yet?
    nah, not yet! im on holidays atm, ive been on hols for the last 2 months traveling around Australia, then im still on hols for another 4 months OS, Dibai, Eygpt, Uk, Europe, Turkey & 3 weeks muay thai kickboxing in Thailand. i was going to do 2 months in the states but the visa people would not let me in cuz of to many " drunkin incendents" as they called it

ill be home next week for 2 weeks, im planing on building the sub then, but i dont know if i can my hands on a TIG when i want it...
    Motard Street Style

how are you liking the wr450????? basicly..... was it worth the extra money and work????? or do you think it would have been better to invest you time and money into a wr250x?

i keep getting drawn for a crf450 since there more stunt parts availble and there more power. but with the low maintance of the wr250x and since it came set up as a motard, i think it might be better and cheaper to put the money into the wr250x..... i like the 290cc big bore and a few other bolt ons, but there so pricey and i dont want ruin the super smoth nice and quite bike.

this is what im thinking about doing to my wr250x if i dont get the 450.
    im selling my R6 stunt bike close to 5k, and im either gonna use the money to build a 450 or fully set up wr250x to a super pimp bike and get all the goodies.
    i already have dual caliper by full thottle, left hand magura master, RSC ez pull, foot bar, gearing, idel mod....ect. id like to get a cage, and a subframe with the stunt pegs & foot bar, and rider pegs, front & rear axel sliders, scotts stabilizer, undertail exhuast, new front brake master cylinder, hand gaurds, mabey some other performance mods. it'd be sick to get new wheels and mabey even a full wrap on the plastics and some powder caoting or anidizing, but thats lots of dough. and maybe the 290cc big bore kit.

i just contacted ryan moore about him making a subframe for the wr250x like he did for the crf450, he's checking it out. im still waiting on him to get back to me with a definite.
    Last edited by ADRENALINE RUSH; 08-05-2010 at 01:44 PM.
    my NASTY 2008 WR250X Stunt Bike Build (winter 10/11) Lots of Pics!!! http://www.supermotojunkie.com/showt...!!!&highlight=

i can build a sub frame for the motard .built 4 so far. 2 alumiiuin 2 steel .you can see them on the thread, niksoft started about a.426 stunt build,down a couple from yours. my subframes are at the end .you can also go to www.bmcstuntorlando.com.the stunt shop an see all the suframes, for different bikes race,, stunt, streetfighter.email me longmuirjrs@gmail.com

can also build cages for stunt .we just have to get together the measurments for mounting but the slider and brace si pretty staright foward.gonna have a sub for a ktm 450 525 exc an smr versions

would love to work with someone an do a stunt sub frame. that still has the plastics fit on. thats what i intend for mine .nothing saying i wont have to trim alittle or adjust some .think thta will look nice.

my sister lives in melboure australia

Quote Originally Posted by ltw moto View Post
    i can build a sub frame for the motard .built 4 so far. 2 alumiiuin 2 steel .you can see them on the thread, niksoft started about a.426 stunt build,down a couple from yours. my subframes are at the end .you can also go to www.bmcstuntorlando.com. the stunt shop an see all the suframes, for different bikes race,, stunt, streetfighter.email me longmuirjrs@gmail.com
    Quote Originally Posted by ltw moto View Post
    can also build cages for stunt .we just have to get together the measurments for mounting but the slider and brace si pretty staright foward.gonna have a sub for a ktm 450 525 exc an smr versions
    i would love a cage & stunt subframe! are you and prickster the same person? i saw your subframes in his thread.

Quote Originally Posted by ADRENALINE RUSH View Post
    how are you liking the wr450????? basicly..... was it worth the extra money and work????? or do you think it would have been better to invest you time and money into a wr250x?

i keep getting drawn for a crf450 since there more stunt parts availble and there more power. but with the low maintance of the wr250x and since it came set up as a motard, i think it might be better and cheaper to put the money into the wr250x..... i like the 290cc big bore and a few other bolt ons, but there so pricey and i dont want ruin the super smoth nice and quite bike.

this is what im thinking about doing to my wr250x if i dont get the 450.
    im selling my R6 stunt bike close to 5k, and im either gonna use the money to build a 450 or fully set up wr250x to a super pimp bike and get all the goodies.
    i already have dual caliper by full thottle, left hand magura master, RSC ez pull, foot bar, gearing, idel mod....ect. id like to get a cage, and a subframe with the stunt pegs & foot bar, and rider pegs, front & rear axel sliders, scotts stabilizer, undertail exhuast, new front brake master cylinder, hand gaurds, mabey some other performance mods. it'd be sick to get new wheels and mabey even a full wrap on the plastics and some powder caoting or anidizing, but thats lots of dough. and maybe the 290cc big bore kit.

i just contacted ryan moore about him making a subframe for the wr250x like he did for the crf450, he's checking it out. im still waiting on him to get back to me with a definite.

not sure really yet! lol, its been a strange build really, its all done but the subframe with stunts pegs, the reason i stayed with the 450f is coz there rego'd(taged) straight from the dealer, so i rode it home straight from the shop, next was the 450f has ok service intervals compared to the MX bikes, down side tho is there is no stunt parts, all the parts had to be machined by a shop, this cost a mint too, ive only rode it for about 10 mins around the block with out the stunt pegs or bar, just a few seat standers testing out the HB, then ive been on holidays for the past 3 months, still got 3 more months holidays, but ive blown my ACL in my fixed knee again, so i dont know what the plan will be when i get home...

if ya just want a pure stunt bike id go the crf450, ryans got killa parts, if not got another 450 and build it, my build gave me some trouble but was still fun, i love building bike tho...
    Motard Street Style

prick an i are friends for 15 yrs. we ride together an came up with b.m.c stunts. which stands for blood meat an concrete.you know stuntin in genral.
    Im larry the welder or l.t.w moto here. my email is longmuirjrs@gmail .com.shoot me an idea of what you want .two foot in the back is the best set up i think .then shoot me your height an ill adjust the pegs for you r height.need to get some basic mesurment from you so hit me up.650.00 shipped with pegs and replaceable 12 plate.tail lite plate hanger tab for under tail xhaust or side mount.holla

Little bit of dust on this threat but f#ck it,

I was wondering what you came up with for the wheelybar... or did you go al the way with a custom subframe?

any updates?!?! pictures?!?!

i have a wr450 2007 ive been looking for pegs like this where can i buy them?

Quote Originally Posted by bondo808 View Post
    i have a wr450 2007 ive been looking for pegs like this where can i buy them?
    www.50STUNT.com

Best stuff available out there!

i need stunt pegs like this i looked on 50 stunt.com all i sa was wr250x pegs will the 250 ones work

yep, they are all the same, freaking sweet pegs!
    Motard Street Style