SuperMoto Junkie banner

What type of key do I have for DR-Z400SM? C,D,E,F?

8K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  DRZ_SWOOZ 
#1 · (Edited)
I was going to purchase a blank key online and I'm not sure what type of key I have, there are 4 types, C,D,E, and F. Any input would be greatly appreciated. I have a 2006 DR-Z400SM

#2 ·
I'm not sure which one is the right ne but I can say if you have a local hardware store
that cuts keys go to them. Much faster and most likely cheaper. I have not found the right Suzuki blank but I know for a fact that an ilco YH50 for the yamaha works like a charm. I got a few my self

#4 ·
I had the same problem when I bought my used Z. The key may have the code stamped under in it under the plastic piece. My local shop ordered each of the blanks. Once they came in, we figured out which one it was and they only chraged me for that one. BTW...Good luck finding a replacement key for the fork lock:headshake

#5 ·
I bought a Suzuki blank online and the pattern was backwards, part # 37146-01F00 Type C. Many of my local locksmiths and hardware stores are refusing to make a customized key. The Suzuki blank choices I have left are 01F10 ("D"), 01F20 ("E"), and 01F30 ("F"). Confused....This really shouldn't be that hard.
Thanks for your replies!

#6 ·
any luck?

Hey have you had any success with finding the correct key no. I was just going to try the next one on the list and see if i got lucky. I too have a 06 DRZ with a lost key.

I took my ignition to a locksmith and he made a copy but it doesnt work for my gas tank; the bike will start though. Plus they look like house keys hahaha. Im ready to just buy a new key and ignition set

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.