SuperMoto Junkie banner

honda xr400

7K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Utah Taz 
#1 ·
what was the last year the xr 400 was made? thinking bout getting one for next year. put lota stuff in my little kx250f for a street tarder and just not happy with it for diff. reasons and would rather have a diff. ride for next year, and use my bike strictly for mx and supermoto racing. afraid i'm gonna blow through motors with mine now and always wanted an xr400 neways. been riding for 15 years and always rode kows and wanna c what the xr is all about, thanx

#2 ·
Don't know about the US, but here in Oz Honda is still making the XR400 in motard form from the factory.

#5 ·
:hmmm:Now if they would just make that in a XR650R engine format;)

I might have to have my friend bring over for a tour of the states & leave it when he goes back :bike:

#3 ·
2004 is the last year the XR400 was available in the US. I'd recommend against it if you plan on racing it aggressively in either MX or supermoto. It just isn't designed to be a contender in either of those disciplines. Get a 450, they aren't much more expensive.

The XR400 does however make an excellent trail bike and a pretty decent supermoto for a daily commuter/weekend ride. Reliability and the fun factor is still there, which is most important.

#4 ·
sorry didnt make it really clear, but am keeping my kaw250f cuzz its a new 08 strictly for mx and supermoto racing. i wanted the xr for a street,trail bike and just have 2 sets of rims for dirt and street.def. not be racing the xr by any means just for a hooligan street tarder

#7 ·
:eek:& a electric starter :D

Not that a kick start XRR is hard to start ;)

Now, I'll have to talk to my Italian buddies that are coming out for WSB in May/June :rofl:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.