SuperMoto Junkie banner

Post Your KLX250SF Pics ?

415K views 1K replies 150 participants last post by  ram9cc 
#1 · (Edited)
Im going to customise mine very soon just designing graphics at the moment then i will post pictures :thumbup: Then on to exhaust and such.
Anyone got pics of their KLX250SF Customised ?
:D

cheers T

#300 ·
New Additions

I did a few modifications yesterday

Since I chopped off the back end I had to find some way to fill in the exposed pipe...I found some rubber caps lying around the house (and actually think they are from my bike...but I do no not remember where...)

Also, once I chopped off the tail end, I had to figure out a place to put the taillights...so I decided to get some new (smaller) ones from my local motorcycle shop ($14)...they were a simple cut and splice job...and look MUCH better...those original taillights were so big.

It took me a while to figure out how to attach them, but I ended up finding this metal attachment at Home Depot...they were .30 cents a piece and worked perfectly...they were found in the plumbing section.

And finally I added some new handlebars and grips. The grips are Pro Taper Pillow Top MX Grips and the handlebars are Pro Taper CR Hi handlebars. They were a tight fit, but I got them to fit with the original cables. These handlebars make the bike feel so much better. They are higher and wider and make for a completely different riding experience.

Here is what it all looks like

#302 ·
Just Bought!

Just got it! Have been browsing the forum for a week now and thought id make my first post here...

$3200 1500miles, FMF Q4, Grips, Custom tuned, dyno'd at 29HP!! Powermadd handguards/mirrors on the way, front/rear light setup is next along with rear fender delete.. Open to suggestions and comments!

#322 ·
Just got it! Have been browsing the forum for a week now and thought id make my first post here...

$3200 1500miles, FMF Q4, Grips, Custom tuned, dyno'd at 29HP!! Powermadd handguards/mirrors on the way, front/rear light setup is next along with rear fender delete.. Open to suggestions and comments!

Nice find for that price.

Here in Ohio the want $4000-4500 for an 09 with 5000 miles on em.

Trying to find a score like yours. I should sell my truck and walk in there and say whats the cash in hand price. :D

#304 · (Edited)
Haha yea i plan on it man, i do live in Wyoming.. So i will need "some" protection.. Planning on mounting the plate really low behind the tire and an r6 taillight of sorts, with just the fender no extension..

The kid i bought it from races supermoto and had his mechanic go through it... Its a base 250 with some jetting and carb work apparently.. I have the dyno sheet and it all checks out at 21HP.**** my bad.. not 29.

#306 ·
New Mirror Modification

Before I put my new handlebars on I had a side mirror mount, but now that I have the new bars, I was looking for a new way to mount my old side mirror.

I had seen a few SM's with the mirror hanging down below the handlebars and really liked that look, but the mirrors cost between $50-70...and I am cheap so I decided to make my own.

Here is everything I used- conduit hangers with a speed thread (at Home Depot for $2) and my old side mount mirror.

I just placed the mirror in mounting hole of the conduit and tightened the bold with a nut.

Then I put the mirror on my handlebars and tightened the speed thread to secure them.

Here is a picture of the final product. I tested it out on the road and had little to no vibration (even at 65-70mph). If you have an old side mirror this is a very cheap ($2) way to get a pretty cool modification.

#309 ·
Orange happens to be my color of choice.:D My fiddy is also black and orange my zx7r is orange and my 06' zx10r (stolen) was orange. My 07' replacement is blue and orange, as well as two cars i owned in the past were orange. A couple of friends use to call me the orange power ranger. Its funny i don't own a KTM. I say it all the time OrAnGe RoCkS!!! :thumbup:

#327 ·
My tires are a 140/80 and the front is a 120/90 i believe. If you dont ride too terribly hard, these tires are ok. For me, they are not as good on the street as i needed them to be. Im going to go tubeles most likely. But they are decent if you don't ride like a jackass :D

I think i am going to keep this color scheme, and get all my plastics plastadipped so its like this but carbon fiber. Hopefully in the next few months...gotta go on vacation in two weeks.

#330 ·
Had my bike vandalized last week.... somebody slashed the seat with a razor blade and poored acetone on the plastics... guess I'll be ordering that redbull sticker kit sooner than I thought I'd be...

got my seat re-upholstered, looks even better than the stockie, adjusted my valves this week-end, they were a bit tight..., changed the spark plug, oil changed, filter changed, leveled out brake fluid, new coolant, ready for the new season

fuck vandals, if I ever catch somebody doing something to my bike, they'll be eating through a straw for the rest of their lives.:coffee:

#332 ·
Had my bike vandalized last week.... somebody slashed the seat with a razor blade and poored acetone on the plastics... guess I'll be ordering that redbull sticker kit sooner than I thought I'd be..
How did they get to it, do you keep it outside??? Sorry to hear that man, someone would be dead on site if found fucking with my bike..

#334 ·
Dont get me wrong, these are an ok tire for the money. But hands down, distenza is a better choice if you lean more than you off road. i have found an in the middle tire isnt suitable for me. i either have to have street or knobs. I do love my shinki 744 off road, it is rather nice.

duuude thats not good at all. Dont keep her inside!? if iever caight someone messing with mine i would shoot them, gotta love tx laws. i work way too hard to have my shit messed with like that, as do most of you i am sure.

Also, i got my ebay china levers in today and got them installed. fit like a glove, tight with my moose handguards tho. Def worth the pennies! Also my chain blew up a mile a way from home on my lunch break. best break ever, didnt even get to eat! 3700 miles on the stock chain tho? eh ill take it.

#337 ·
keep my bike inside at all time but I was at my gf's place for the night, I park the bike behind the building and you gotta know it's there to even see it. I am now suspecting the neighboor or something since I go there once in the week and I have to leave at 6am, maybe I pissed some neighboor coz the bike is loud in the am...:headscrat anyway, f***king bullsh**T, don't think it's an ex

and yes, was pretty pissed, coz I work hard for my stuff, and being a student, I don't have that much extra money to spend repairing shit.

I had distanzias on the front and back, 120-130 and absolutely loved them... I am riding the avon roadrider right now on the back, 140, and I am not liking it as much... slipperier for some reason?:headshake

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.